ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Gallery

Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM

I hope you find a way to keep it.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM

I still got my car for sale, found a reasonable house to rent with the option to buy (still no garage) but I got someone who wants to come up from West Virginia to take a look at my car for around $6,500. It is sad, but I can probably get up the 20% to put down on this house by June! I talked to the owner today and need to go inspect the home. It is from 1750 and hasn't been lived in for over a year. I'm thinking it would take a lot to get it back into shape but once again doing all the work myself I think I can pull it off... Ohh and it has a huge paved driveway. It sucks because I know if I can hang onto it for a few years I'd be able to get back on it here and there. I almost want to drop it off at a friends body shop and tell him to "take his time" with it. It would also be a lot harder to sell if it were indoors at a shop stuffed in the corner somewhere. I might take it to a swap meet on Saturday with a load of parts but who knows...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM

I hope it all works out for the best. How ever it may work out.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Hey guys, I know its been a long time since I've been on here but I thought I'd give a little update. I still got the car. It is in the driveway of my new driveway on my buddies car trailer. He needed storage for it and I wanted to keep the car off the ground and out of the dirt so this works out pretty well. I got a full driveway with 2 automotive projects to crank out before I get back on the Chevelle. It is wrapped under a few tarps and I have gotten yet another SS domed hood. This one is super-clean and doesn't need any bodywork whatsoever so I'm going to run it. I got a whole A-pillar and roof support clip with the leading edge of the roof from Joe Vega at AZ Chevs. He cut it off into the top of the cowl panel and shipped it to me in one piece. It has all the factory molding studs welded in. I can't believe nobody has these available aftermarket for cutting pieces out of and welding in. It is a lot easier having metal with the correct bends already in it instead of screwing around with the metal brake and trying to hand hammer it to match the original contour. This should speed up my repair since it has sat all winter and now all summer until this point.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Back from the dead! Kind of glad you have managed to hang onto it. Hoping you get to do all of the metal work and seal it up with epoxy primer soon. That will be the biggest hurdle to get over with the project.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:26 PM

Hey, welcome back!

Glad you found a way to keep it.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 AM

Thanks guys, I had the cover off of it yesterday. It has been really humid and it rained yesterday, with a chance of rain today so the cover went on it quick. I just wanted to check on the desiccant I put in it and a few of the bags were pretty saturated. I removed them, I'll be getting some more for the boat soon anyway when i wrap it up for the winter. I figure I'd just buy 3x as much so I got it for the car when it goes on sale. I think it will be the key to keeping the mold out of the interior since its being stored outdoors under a cover. I'm kicking around the idea of getting another car port. It worked OK for the last car when I couldn't keep it indoors and still let the air move around it. I just get worried in high winds or heavy snow that it might collapse. If I'm away from the house for 10 hours and nobody is there to clear it off it might buckle under the weight. I picked up some small odds-n-ends for it too. I think I just love collecting parts i don't have any room for.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Well guys, We had about 3 nice days within the last week so i took advantage of the time to pull the cover off the car and play around with it. I aired up the tires and decided to try out my new electric dual action sander. The whole roof of the car and tops of the fenders are covered in heavy surface rust so I decided to go to town and take it down to bare metal. I only got about a quarter of the roof done and the top part of the drivers quarter and shot some rattle can primer on it to keep it from flash rusting. I'm thinking about scraping up some cash and doing full quarters and a roof skin. I've read mixed reviews about the aftermarket roof skins so I'm a little weary but the good news is for the most part the trunk floor, inner and outer wheelhouses and the trunk drop offs are in decent shape and will only need some small patchwork here and there. It was good to have it running again. I feel like its been a very long time since I heard it. I even got some tire spin out of it while moving it around the driveway. My front calipers are hanging up again from sitting. Other than that, we will see where this summer takes my car. Maybe the 10 year plan might work!