ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevrolet Corner

Old 01-12-2010, 01:41 AM

Interior. Custom door panels, but my son's already mentioned he's going to get some stock reproduction panels. Vintage cassette 2 knob radio and Alphasonik EQ. I turned it on and it made a hell of a racket with the speakers, sounds like a bad ground. There's and Alphasonik amp in the trunk too. Seatbelt retractors work real nice, doors don't sag or squeak, power windows work strong and fast, very nice overall.

I was wrong when I mentioned the mileage. It was lower than I thought.

The pedals kinda confirm the mileage.

Nice steering wheel. No, perfect steering wheel. Beautiful.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:41 AM

Front quarter pic. For original paint, this car is really nice. It's in no way perfect, but it's going to make for an easy repaint when my son settles on a color. I'm hoping he goes with a stock color, but it's his car, his choice.

Last but not least, the engine compartment. It needs some help here, but it's not bad. The engine is dry, the subframe underneath is dry, about the only thing that needs some attention right now is the brake master and booster. The master looks to be leaking slightly. I also noticed a wet backing plate on the driver's side rear brakes, so we'll square the brakes away this week before the safety inspection on Saturday. Some goodies are an Edelbrock intake and carb, MSD 6AL, external MSD Blaster coil on the HEI, MSD 8mm wires, Lakewood blowbell, Hooker Super Comp headers, and who knows what else. Haven't pulled the valve covers, but they're tall, and might be hiding some more goodies.

The seller's brother was there, I think he's the one who did most of the wrenching. He mentioned that this was the guy's first car, and he's in his early 50's now. Nice car from back in the day, ended up spending most of the past 20 years in the garage, babied, but not driven much. We'll take car of that.

One more goody that came in the trunk.

More pics to come.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM

Very nice! You guys scored big time.

I agree with your son, I'd prefer the stock door panels too. Maybe those can be ebay'd.

Obviously the brakes come first, freshen the fluids, upgrade the stereo and enjoy it while he decides what comes next.

Keep us updated!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Awesome find Darren!!! Congrats.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

Thats one lucky kid you got there !
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Thanks guys! More pics later. Off to work I go.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 AM

Looks like a decent ride. Had an 80 that ran like a scalded dog. They can be built to handle well. Congrats to your son. Be sure to get hooked up with www.nastyz28.com Those guys are the 2nd gen dudes to check out.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Wow ,dont see them that nice anymore especially with a 4 speed.

John
Old 01-12-2010, 08:19 PM

I agree, that's a cool find with the 4 speed. I think the Iroc wheels look great on it too.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 AM

Checked the car out a bit more last night. Popped a valve cover, checked everything out. Heads are 041's, dated J xx 8, and the vin stamp on the block is matching, so the car is legit so far. The heads have a dual spring in them, and no valve rotators, so they've been worked on. Mr. Gasket grade 8 headbolts. Carb is a Carter AFB Comp. Series. It appears that when something needed to be done, money was spent to do what was right for the job. New clutch (Centerforce stickers in trunk) = blowbell, etc. When my son got home from work, I showed him how to align the hood a bit better. Adjusted the latch and bumpers. Then we worked on his horns, and I ended up not noticing it was getting late. Didn't come in until about 10:55, and I get up before 5a.m... Oh well, gonna be another long one. Extra cup of coffee today.