ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Administrator

License is something I wish I had. Haven't really drivin since Feb 2nd 1995 and I miss it big time.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:23 PM

Time is flying by during my 2 week vacation ,currently in Iowa and having a lot of fun cruisin in the Chevelle Malibu convertible .

John
Old 06-11-2015, 09:17 PM

Convertible is what I wished I'd had in Bend Oregon this week. Heading home tonight and back to work tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Tomorrow will be a rest day hopefully as I got my weed eating done ,got the yard mowed and got the pasture bush hogged ,maybe now I can do something fun.

John
Old 06-12-2015, 09:15 AM

Fun tonight will be going to a show and shine before a big show tomorrow, which I have to work at. Car most likely will stay in the garage tomorrow while I'm working.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:23 PM

Working on unpaking my rental car when I returned from vaccation. I got some bad news. The new neibors are cutting all the trees out of my side yard. Called the Mayor's office and then directed to the surveyers dept. I was told that if the trunk was on their side they could cut it. Even if the tree itself was in my yard. He said if it was on the line we had to agree.
Well I got a copy from the bank of the survey. Well low and behold the fence was way off. It should be 5 foot farther over. I had the same thing on the other side to. This was a rental property before I got it and nobody here cared where fences were put. I gonna survey it and move the fence. Turns out the trees I was worried about are 4 foot inside my property.
Not a good thing to find when you return from vaccation. But seems their lack of co-operation worked out to my benifit.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:24 PM

Benefit you have a map. Does you state require property iron pins or rods to be set at your property corners? If they do you need to find them with a metal detector to verify the fence first. May take a surveyor to verify the lines. I get calls all the time on issues like this.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 06-13-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:52 PM

This is what they doing getting a surveyor. I was told to get a copy of the survey from the state or the bank. Which is from the state used when the house is purchased. She just called madder than a wet hen. I believe she was trying to get the permits to cut the trees and put up the fence with her lawyer. She seems to think the line is where I think it is to. She was complaining are you really making me move the fence to the property line. I wasn't going to sweat it just put it where it was. Untill she wanted to cut all the trees down because she thinks they are hurting her property value. So I was forced to find out myself and call and make sure they didn't do it.
If i loose I lost nothing They were cutting down the trees anyway. But way it is looking I gonna have a bunch more grass to cut from now on.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:49 PM

On a map it should say what's at your property corners. One needs to know where the lines are. If you let others use your land they might try to claim adverse possession and if they win you have less land.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:29 PM

Land lines can be a real pain in the rear ,my In Laws want a good portion of my property including my complete driveway so they can have access to 65 acres behind me ,it aint happening .

John