ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Bowtie Member

Default Saw my Chevelle today....

For those of you who don't know, my Chevelle has been in restoration mode for the past 7 months. Today I got to see it, covered with sanding grit, but I got to see it with almost all the body parts on. What an amazing thing! To think that maybe in about 4-5 weeks it may be ready for paint is just awesome to me.

I have seen all the time and care that by brother Eric and our friend Glen (68 Nova 10.5) have put into my car. These guys can do unbelievable work with the body and motor. When I think back to what we brought them and where it is now....I am totally amazed at what they have done.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Is it going to be ready for Chevellabration ?

John
Old 01-26-2010, 11:22 PM

Sounds like your car is moving along. My body guy took 22 months. Looking forward to some pictures when it is done.
Ray
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM

Cool; I wish mine was in the body shop but I don't have the 8k they want to start on her.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
Cool; I wish mine was in the body shop but I don't have the 8k they want to start on her.
Neither did we, thats why its waiting for 11 years
Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Neither did we, thats why its waiting for 11 years
I hear you Grump and Ms. Grumpy... It's bad when you work on a car for years and then it comes to a stop because of the cost of paint and body work. I've had the Camino for over three years and almost have the drive train done but because of some very minor rust issue; rear window channel on passenger side and a small bubble on the rear edge that I didn't see because the bumper covered it plus some pin holes along the bottom rear behind the wheel well l I cannot drive it. I would fix the window channel and put the glass in but then why do some repairs and still not be able to drive in the rain. I just have this thing that once you get some work done, you might as well have it finished. I did some math and I cannot finish this project until next February; I should be almost out of debt then. Still depressing to see a car sitting that you can start but cannot afford to finish.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.

Last edited by rak1; 01-27-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Bowtie Member

rak1, believe me we waited a long time before this project could be started. It seemed like all the stars must have alligned for me. The only people that I would trust with the car had the time (so they thought..lol), the financing and the cost all seemed to happen at the right time. I was lucky, and hopefully things will happen for you too. And when you are done with your car we would all love to see pics.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org