ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 AM

Im definitely jealous as Im not doing anything with our cars due to lack of funds .Joans daily driver has got to have front brake rotors and pads as well as new tires very soon but Im not sure how Im going to do it unless I use the funds currently being hald for my truck restoration.

John
Old 12-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Im definitely jealous as Im not doing anything with our cars due to lack of funds .Joans daily driver has got to have front brake rotors and pads as well as new tires very soon but Im not sure how Im going to do it unless I use the funds currently being hald for my truck restoration.
How's the truck coming anyway? We drove past the shop on the way up to Blue Ridge yesterday. I'm sure everything will work out! Good reason to put some miles on that nice looking Elky you have hidden in the garage!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:01 PM

The truck hasnt been touched since before you were there last ,they are taking on as much insurance work as they can get before it dries up. The insurance work is what pays their bills so I just have to be patient. I have been driving the El Camino some lately but it needs a little TLC and I just dont yet have any funds for it since I just wrote 2 counties a big check for property taxes and just recently refurbished our rental property after the previous tennants destroyed it .I had hoped my Christmas present this year would be my truck coming home from the bodyshop but maybe by spring I will have it back in time to bring it to the Peachstate Chevelle show to sell a few parts at the swap meet. It will be worth the wait when they get started on it again.

John
Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 PM

Did you get anything done on it today ?

John
Old 12-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Engine hoist was returned to me yesterday.
My engine is out of the '67 this afternoon...and the short block resting on engine legs on the shop floor waiting to be loaded into my truck and delivered.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:44 PM

Bill,

Just let me know when you have time to drop the motor off. I am actually taking most of tomorrow off (not sure I'll get the entire day or not) so if you want to get it out of your way let me know. Mike has my heads on order but I am not sure when they will actually be done and ready to put on the block so I am not really in a hurry. I guesstimate it will be after the 1st before we can start putting the motor together anyway.

John,

Didn't do much this weekend unfortunately. We went up to Blue Ridge and stayed for the past few days but I did start putting things back together this afternoon. I wanted to get my anti-roll bar on but my drill battery crapped out on my in the middle of drilling my 4th and final hole in the cross-member. Should be able to finish that in the morning.

Today's progress; had an entire porch full of boxes when we got home today.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Box ready to bolt in once I get some new hardware. Had to cut the one of the old bolts out and the other two were pretty pitted

Still have some work to do but it is looking a bit better when compared side-by-side with before photo. The new A/C box is at least clean! I need to get some of the crap off the evaporator lines. Hoping some steel wool will help.

Exhaust and boxes of other misc. stuff ready to go on. Quite a few boxes like this starting to stack up around the garage!

I forgot these shipped already. Haven't opened the box yet but will be glad to get them on the car

Last edited by fleming23; 12-18-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
The truck hasnt been touched since before you were there last ,they are taking on as much insurance work as they can get before it dries up. The insurance work is what pays their bills so I just have to be patient. I have been driving the El Camino some lately but it needs a little TLC and I just dont yet have any funds for it since I just wrote 2 counties a big check for property taxes and just recently refurbished our rental property after the previous tennants destroyed it .I had hoped my Christmas present this year would be my truck coming home from the bodyshop but maybe by spring I will have it back in time to bring it to the Peachstate Chevelle show to sell a few parts at the swap meet. It will be worth the wait when they get started on it again.
Well hopefully you'll get that pick-up back together soon! I know you must miss it!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Ordered a new converter from Jake's Performance today. Hopefully a billet street/strip lockup 10.5" 3,200 stall converter will do the trick. Was hoping to get by with the modified D5 but it seems it would have been short lived with the torque of the 496.

Always unplanned expenses with these things....

Last edited by fleming23; 12-20-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino
Thumbs up

Short block delivered today!!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:14 PM

This is going to get interesting.

John