ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 09-03-2016, 06:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
See you guys there. You going to try to get the "usual" spot?

Ric, don't even think about bringing the Camaro unless you have gotten that F@#$#@KIN radio fixed!!!!
You mean the clock don't you? Oh yeah the radio quick working as well and the odometer just turned 41,000.

We had the same spot for 6-7 years now so why change?
Old 09-04-2016, 04:34 AM

Yeah, I meant the clock.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:52 AM

YEs, we'll try for the usual spot, close to the water slide. Jr. is coming but not Lynda.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
YEs, we'll try for the usual spot, close to the water slide. Jr. is coming but not Lynda.
Tony are planning on coming in late? You are the early riser of the group so it is expected you are in line in front of us with coffee and donuts?
Old 09-05-2016, 04:18 AM

I sleep till noon, then take a nap at 3, so it will be around 5 when I get there.

Just looked at the weather. I hope they are lying again.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:28 PM

Oh crap, I forgot to register. Not a big deal, I can register when I get there but I'd rather have done before hand. Kept meaning to do it but been so busy then when I went online it said preregistration was closed. Oh well.

My Chevelle
Old 09-08-2016, 04:35 PM

So I cleaned up the Chevelle today, filled it with gas and put the canopy in it. Was upstairs later and heard a big thud against one of the bedroom windows. Later I see a semi-conscious woodpecker laying in the driveway.

So where does he go when regains some of senses, into the garage. Eventually after bouncing off the walls and ceiling for a while he leaves. Of course he crapped all over the place, including the Chevelle while he was in there.

My Chevelle
Old 09-13-2016, 06:19 PM

Had a good weekend at Frankenmuth, as usual. Good turnout considering weather forecast. Hot and muggy for the big block party but lots of cars and good turnout.

Saturday was on and off clouds but the place was still packed. In the afternoon the front finally moved through and the rain started. We were on the other side of the park when it started to rain a little. I didn't put the plastic rain cover on the Chevelle, it was already wet. Ric and Eric put them on their cars. So we're standing under the canopies holding them down and trying to stay dry when the wind grabbed the cover off of Eric's 34 Ford. It blew down the road, about to wrap around a women walking when it filled with air. Looked like a jelly fish and went over her and eventually landed in tree. Hilarious, unfortunately no one caught a video of it, happened so fast.

The cover on Ric's Camaro was flapping in the wind, the water blowing into the lifted Jeep next to his car. Finally it blew off and covered the side of the jeep. A little late, the jeep was already soaked inside. My cover was fine under the back of the Chevelle.

So the rain stopped, we went into town and watched the cars cruising main street. Another great weekend with good friends. What's a little rain when you're with friends.

My Chevelle
Old 09-13-2016, 06:26 PM

Oh, forgot to mention. Tony drove his Nova up on Friday. Got into the park and it stalled, he's had some issues with it stalling. So instead of parking it when he got it started he drove it back home. Came back later in his truck. Saturday he spent the day working on it and comes back on Sunday morning when most people have already left.

Dumb ass, we missed you and Kathy on Saturday.

My Chevelle
Old 09-14-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Oh, forgot to mention. Tony drove his Nova up on Friday. Got into the park and it stalled, he's had some issues with it stalling. So instead of parking it when he got it started he drove it back home. Came back later in his truck. Saturday he spent the day working on it and comes back on Sunday morning when most people have already left.

Dumb ass, we missed you and Kathy on Saturday.
First time that I've had a "vapor lock" issue on anything. I took the Pro-System high dollar carb off and put a new Holley 3310 on it. That's when the shit started.The underhood temp was causing a vapor lock. I took the hood insulation out and changed cooling fan. I had the Derale stainless flex-fan on it. Now has a 7 blade factory style one. Seems to have eliminated the heat problem. I drove it for a half hour, then let it idle for 15 minuets, didn't stall anymore.
Tell Henry call me and shoot me a decent offer and the POS Nova will be his. No warranty on the clock or radio though. Last time I gave a warranty, it has haunted me for years.
We would have liked to spend more time up there, but my feeble brain wouldn't let me .Had to fix the problem.