ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 05-07-2018, 08:17 PM

I dont come around much , just have no interest in my Vert anymore , the Elky is blocked in by a truck build . I actually loaned the vert out to a friend all weekend as it needed to be driven and I didnt want to drive it . When he brought it back today I drove it around the neighborhood and then parked it again , still not moved by it .

John
Old 05-08-2018, 02:17 AM

I come here at least once a day. I am screwing with this boat still sooo. I about got the hull rebuilt. Interior goes back in then motor. I wanna go float.

I will have interior picture in on it soon tho.

Then I got rust issues on the truck to deal with.

The chev is air conditioned and heated. Nothing bad happening to it. I will get back to it soon. I just got a bunch of irons in the fire.

I have had a ungodly number of chevelles in my life. And only a handful ever got painted. They just ran like scalded dogs. This one is different. I wanted it to be just so. And it is. It looks great sitting there as I stroll by.

Basically it is the eye candy effect the others lacked on. Which is one reason I don't understand the survivor patina thing. I have owned my share of POS looking ones. I want a actual nice one now.

It is my dream car. I don't know why but i never dreamed of owning a car that looked like it sat in a barn for 50 years. I was always more the wow I want that at the car show kinda guy.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:22 AM

Glad to hear from you Nancy. This is a nice friendly site and I would hate to see it go. The car stuff is good but like Tony said the off topic discussions are important too. Makes for a friendlier group. I know some of these guys personally but still feel that many I don't know personally are friends too. You other guys out there, join in. Don't be put off because some of us know each other and throw around a lot of crap. Throw some yourself and let's keep things interesting.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 05-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Bowtie Member

I have had a very rough last year. Most people would tell me that I was starting a new adventure, things will be so great, you are getting the big house that you always wanted, you can drive your car year round. Most of that stuff is true. But not everyone understands that I have spent my whole life, except for 1 year, living in Michigan, most of my family, lives in Michigan, my life and friends were Michigan.
Just before we moved we sold EVERYTHING we could. We came here with no bed, dressers, living room furniture, kitchen table....it was weird and neat starting over. But as time went on I started missing the things that I sold. We actually had a huge garage sale and I sold a lot of stuff from my kitchen and I started wishing I had that stuff.
No Kroger, just HEB and WalMart. I never shopped at WalMart in Michigan and now I have to change the way I shopped and the quality of stuff available. Here WalMart is god and if you don't go to WalMart you pay top dollar at Retail Outlet stores.
So I have had a lot of adjusting. I will continue my story later. I have some work to do here now.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 AM

Hope you're getting settled in to your new life and enjoying it. While traveling we've been to a few towns where the only option is Walmart. At least here we have a few other options. Oh, and I hate Walmart. Good luck.

My Chevelle
Old 05-11-2018, 03:29 AM
Bowtie Member

Life has thrown us some challenges here. But we have done our best. The one thing that I can say is that grumpy has done his best to try to make me happy here. Right before we left Michigan I had sold our Toyota Yaris. It was our second vehicle and it was 9yrs old and only had 60,000 miles on it, it would have had a lot less if I hadn't driven to Texas 4 times in it, at 3,800 miles each time. A couple of months after we moved here David bought me a 2012 Silverado. Then a couple of weeks ago our 2003 Suburban decided it needed brakes and we decided that we were done with that money pit (story will come later) and last Friday I went and picked out a 2018 Malibu as our 2nd vehicle. I would have been happy with a used car but we couldn't pass up the price and zero financing. These are just a couple of things that David and my family have done because they know how homesick I still am for Michigan and my Michigan family.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 05-11-2018, 06:59 AM

You probably said it before, don't recall, why Texas? Other family there, just wanted a change?

My Chevelle
Old 05-17-2018, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I'm back...
Been out of the country the past 6 weeks. Passed thru all 24 time zones...
Old 05-17-2018, 05:37 PM

Welcome back. So, are you younger or older from the 24 time zones?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Welcome back. So, are you younger or older from the 24 time zones?
Cruised across the Int'l Date Line...heading east.
There was two Tuesdays that week.
You go from a GMT +12 time zone into a GMT -12.

Last edited by BillsCamino; 05-17-2018 at 07:34 PM.