ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Suspension & Chassis

Old 04-29-2017, 09:57 AM

Default New Lee 14:1 Bax Amazing!!

I have a 69 el Camino 454. I recently installed the SC&C Stage III front control arms, Spohn Del Sphere adjustable rear control arms and the Lee 14:1 box with 30 pound valve..

The new Lee 14:1 box is simply amazing! The steering wheel is very firm, no more one finger turns.. My elco feels like a new sports car with a manual rack! I can throw it into any corner and it takes it with a feeling of total confidence.. And with 225/70 15 Cooper tires on 7" rims!!!! I was going to get 8" rims with 255/60 tires but I'm rethinking that now..

I have been driving and working on cars for over 40 years and have never driven a GM A body that feels like this.. It is defiantly due to the new Lee blueprinted box.. Alan and the others running Lee know there stuff!!!

Mark put this all together for me.. He is a very nice guy to deal with but it takes time. My whole package took 10 weeks to arrive but I am so thrilled with my car now!! I love seeing a very tight corner coming up now...
Old 04-29-2017, 01:30 PM

Sounds great. Wonder how much affect the control arms had. Sure they helped with the corner because the gearbox shouldn't.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 05-05-2017, 05:27 PM

It's like night a day! They work together the box and suspension.. Mark at SC&C put it all together for me.. I am so amazed at how my car handles and feels now.. All I have is Cooper 225/70 15 tires on it now, I was going to use wider tires but I'm leaving it alone..