ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Maintenance

Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
I noticed last night that alot of the Edelbrock intakes DON'T have the "Made in the USA" sticker anymore... Maybe its just the catalog using older pictures?

Funny story ( at least I thought it was humerous)... Edelbrock was advertising "made in the USA" with Vic himself on the TV... I bought a new carb last year, and there was a deal for a free Edelbrock air cleaner ( "send in your proof of purchase")... The air clearner arrived, chrome 14" "Edelbrock" script... On the bottom, there was a small decal... "made in China" ... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...
Yup. I yanked the made in china stickers off the inside of my eddy valva covers.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 PM

On Holley's website they talk about the facility in KY like its a R&D shop and not full on mfg. You'd think they'd pump up the made in USA thing if they had the chance. I'm thinking stuff is designed and prototyped here, mass produced over there.............

Just went out in the shop and looked at a "Street Avenger" box. Does not say made in USA anywhere on box. Tons of Skilled Craftsman stuff and show the KY corporate address but never tells where its MADE.

Received a Holley 110gph mechanical fuel pump today. Stamped on the UNDER side of the mounting flange "Made in Korea". So, there ya go...............

Last edited by dbradley; 05-13-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Update