ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Guys and gals ,I am cheap and like things that work that are cheap. I use store brand(dollarstore) babyoil on my seats ,dashpad,doorpanels ,kickpanels ,weatherstrips and anything else vinyl or plastic.It looks good and a little goes a long way. Just put some on a microfiber towel and wipe it on .I have done this for years and will continue to use it. I keep a small bottle in the trunk all the time.

John
Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 PM

Lucky for me I dont have a padded dash.But if I did I might just have a towel with me and lay it over it and keep the sun off.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 PM

I dont know why all the negatives about armour-all but it works like a champ for me ... just a note though, many dont realize that armour-all makes a "low-lustre" product also that keeps the glare down in the bright sun .... vette owners know what I mean.

One thing though, DO NOT use armour-all on your atv seats .... stoopid me! LOL
Old 06-23-2010, 04:52 PM

I use Johnson's Baby Oil. About 3-4 drops on the rag and wipe down the dash. I know, I know----- "I don't want an oily residue on my car"... Wah!!!!!!

If you use too much-- yes, it will leave some behind. But only use a small amount and it protects the dash and other surfaces perfectly. A guy at Mother's told me about this. I bought a bunch of other stuff from him at a show and he said to try it. Works great !!!!!

Randy
Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 PM

thats the same thing I've done on my dash pads, put a little drop of oil and it really goes well just don't put too much as Trophyman said if you don't want to mess your dash Try that!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 PM

I don't really like using armour-all in my chevelle. It works a lot better in my Audi. But to be honest I never really clean the inside of my chevelle cause it never gets dirty.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 PM

I use baby oil on my dash ,seats ,door panels and steering wheel. I just put a little on a clean cloth and wipe it on and then wipe it again with a dry cloth. It is also great on door and trunk weatherstrip and its cheaper than the other stuff.

John
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 AM

One of the best, non-greasy products you can use on your car is 303 Aerospace protectant. If you search the product you will see it mentioned on countless car forums and typically is one of the highest rated, although there are many alternatives as already mentioned here. Just throwing my $.02 out there, as that is about all it is worth

Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Default lexyol

i use lexyol int. conditioner , great stuff a two part system but leaves a natural shine, not a greasy film, although i had my upholstery guy build me a nice carpet mat with chevelle stitched in that looks great while she sits outside(almost never)