ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 PM

After 2 years of Comcast I dropped them, poor customer service in our area and they wanted to raise our rate by $60 a month and would not negotiate with us. Went with a different carrier. We were never happy with them the entire 2 years we had to deal with them.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 AM

Just got the email from microsoft....they are no longer supporting or upgradeing XP
I guess i will wait for widows 9 to come out.
Microsoft did however let me know that i will have to buy a new computor to make
windows 8.1 work....now isnt that special.!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Hank, you are not making me feel good. We are changing from WOW to Comcast this week and now I am questioning our decision. But since the first of the year WOW's service has sucked, and they cut 1/2 their channels and increased the cost of service.
Sorry about that. It was actually a person at the 800 number that said you must call them. Sometimes the contractor tech will give you their number and tell you to call them if you have anymore problems. Well that doesn't count as 1 of the 3 calls. The contractors don't want you calling Comcast because then they know the problem wasn't fixed, it's a real circus.

For us Comcast cables are all overhead and there were constant problems. Our phone lines are underground so Uverse has been great, I think we had one problem in 3 years, fixed the first time. They try to raise my rates each year, I tell them I guess I need to call Comcast and they come up with some kind of deal for me. I'm paying less this year than I was last year for the same service.

Good luck, you're experience may be better.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 03-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Mesto XP will still be supported until April 8th. If you have XP now, you cannot upgrade to Windows 7, 8, 8.1.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestorod70 View Post
Just got the email from microsoft....they are no longer supporting or upgradeing XP
I guess i will wait for widows 9 to come out.
Microsoft did however let me know that i will have to buy a new computor to make
windows 8.1 work....now isnt that special.!
If you are running XP you are running with a computor that has a slow processor in it, that why to the upgrade to a new computor.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hayes View Post
Mesto XP will still be supported until April 8th. If you have XP now, you cannot upgrade to Windows 7, 8, 8.1.
Says who? I have up dated my desktop and my laptop to 7 and they run fine. I agree with you on 8.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:04 PM

Comcast guy was here all day Friday. The new program at Comcast is your entire wiring system has to be "certified" before they will work on it. Because I built this house 22 years ago, he said my cable was outdated and needed replaced. So we spent the day running all new cable, amp, and splitters in the house. After all that, he did his test on the entire system. It passed, even with the wiring out here in the shop that is OLDER than the stuff in the house was. Then we discovered there is a short in the underground wiring for the phone lines to the shop. I'm thinking the excess ice around the entry point of the wires to the building is the culprit there. I'll fix that if and when Spring ever gets here. Had to buy some new phones for the shop. My 30 year old ones, all hard wired, don't seem to work as good as I thought. Bummer.

Got the new laptop working OK now. It seems to be faster than this one. I'm going to send this one to Florida, so I have one down there. Also decided to send the 4x4 Ford van down there. I don't use it here, so I might as well have a nice ride down there. I'm going to load my spare motorcycle air-lift, a big tool box, jack-stands, floor jack, and a bunch of small stuff in it for the trip. It will be there waiting on me when I fly down in a week or so.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Ric, did you have XP or Vista? Only way to upgrade to Windows 7 is if you had Vista. If you had XP you would have to do a complete new clean install.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hayes View Post
Ric, did you have XP or Vista? Only way to upgrade to Windows 7 is if you had Vista. If you had XP you would have to do a complete new clean install.
I had XP and did a complete reinstall as I do that on everything as upgrades never work for me and this is the advice I got from our our I.T. guy at work that works for me.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Tony, you going to be in Fl mid April? Would like to stop by your place on the way home if you are.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle