ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Suspension & Chassis

Old 01-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Exclamation Broken shock bolts.

Finally got around to putting all the new front end parts on the Turlte that I've had laying in my garage for five months. New inner and outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves, center link, and idler arm. Went to put on the new shocks and the bottom two bolts just turn but do not get loose or tight. I believe the "nut" that is welded onto the lower control arm that the bolt screws in to has broken loose and is just turning with the bolt. Not to mention I can't get the top bolt to loosen either, I do have the shock tool for the top nut. How do I get these d@mn things off!! It was the last thing I had to do today and I ran into this, very frustrated. So, with a sore hip, back, neck, and toe (from childishly kicking the tire in frustration) I put it away for the day. Any suggestions on how to fix this? And how to avoid it on the driver side.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Dont kick the tire anymore and get a sawzall to them bolts if youve got room.Havent had that problem yet and was just being a smarta$$ about the tire kicking.

John