ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions

Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Default newbie intro

Hi everybody, I just found the forum and joined up.

Last week I bought a 1970 Chevelle SS 396. It is a true SS car with doc's from GM Canada, but it doesn't have the original engine. In the course of 41 years it was replaced.

This is my first true muscle car and my first Chevy. I grew up around muscle cars and always wanted one. In 1980 my parents handed me down their 1974 Plymouth Fury III, 2 door hardtop, it was a big car, about as big as a Charger. I rebuilt the top end of the 360 and had it repainted and of course it had chrome Cragar's and white letter tires. I sold that in 1989 and have owned nothing but new cars since 1986.

I've been working on a few bugs with the car, nothing major, just little stuff. It feels good to dig into a car again and get my hands dirty. I told my wife last night that I was able to do something with the Chevelle that I haven't been able to do since I had the Fury, climb into the engine compartment!

Once I get a chance I'll post up some pictures.

On a personal note, I'm 47, married to the best woman in the world and we have 2 boys, 5 1/2 and 8 1/2. And they really love dad's new "hot car". LOL

Here's a picture of me and my 8 1/2 year old at this years "take your child to work" day.

Last edited by 70SS396; 06-05-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM

Welcome from Georgia .The owners of this great site are from your great state so maybe you can meet them sometime . Glad you found us.

John
Old 08-24-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm new here myself, but not new to muscle cars. I've been turning wrenches for a little over 30 years now. As of right now, I have a '64 Chevelle SS, a '77 Big block four speed Nova and a '90 Corvette. The nova is up for sale right now, so if any of your friends want to take a trip down memory lane, just let me know!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Bowtie Member

Welcome to the site 70SS. We are from S.E. Michigan also, we are in the Royal Oak area. It is so nice to hear some of your backround, especially with the cars. We are glad that you are here and hope you read the info about grumpy and myself and know that we strive to keep this a family friendly site so you can come on and show your boys all the pictures of the cool cars.

I look forward to reading more about you and your family and seeing some pics. Maybe one day soon we can meet at one of the local cruises.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 PM

Welcome Mike from another 70 owner in Oregon. Glad to have you here and look forward to seeing some pictures of your car. Sounds like you have a great family and wonderful wife.