ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevrolet Corner

Old 11-04-2012, 04:43 PM

I would definitley like to have an OD in it but would probably only do a 4l80 or a Gearvendors unit. I drove it back from the North Carolina state line back to Atlanta with my Acura TL strapped to the back doing about 70-75 mph and managed around 9 mpg. Was about what I would expect given how fast I was going.

Once I get all the wiring sorted out and all the lights working (seems to have a random short) I will really enjoy having this thing. I typically drive my Chevelle to the track which requires loading all sorts of crap into the trunk. Then when I get there I have to unload everything and hope none of my tools or parts "walk away" while I am making passes. This will entirely eliminate that. Obviously a truck and trailer would accomplish the same thing but I can't justify owing a truck with the miles I put on my daily driver.

A rollback would certainly be nice as well! While these things are not easy to park or maneuver in tight parking lots, it is easier than having to deal with a trailer IMO.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 PM

I agree. I have a small hotrod shop and I've been using a trailer to move cars around. It sure does get to be a headache. That's why I'm making the move into a wrecker. (Also because it's a twin boom with separate winches and swivel booms) I can use it as a crane for heavy jobs as well as winching out my friends that get stuck in ditches and mud holes.