ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 07-02-2017, 09:02 PM

Yes very rude and disrespectful. There are a some good people there, but they are out numbered. I can't believe how many negative comments people get when they post or talk about their car. Here I have not seen any negativity and everyone seems supportive.
My cars not perfect never was never will, but I enjoy it and appreciate any one who has the same interests in this hobby.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:54 PM

I agree it is your car do what you want. If you like a chevelle enough to deal with its age. And work with it. Then your all aces in my book. The mere fact you are doing it make you a kindred spirit to me.

I spent hours washing waxed mine. Moisturized the top. Detailed the dash. Did in the doorjambs and trunk under the hood. And it just sits there waiting for me to get money to finish it. I love my car I never get to drive it. Only way anyone ever sees it is to come over.

I just like looking at it. One day it will be done.

This place is a refreshing oasis of tolerance for doing what you want to do with them. Not make it my way so I can rob you buying it and sell it and make a fortune off of it. Which when you get to the root of things. That is all they are doing on the other site scamming.

It isn't about the cars or the people involved. It is only about how much money they can make playing their games.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:55 AM

yellow69 ,do I know you ,I go to the Northern Ohio Chevelle Show every year ,do you belong to that club ?

John
Old 07-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Flash,
Don't believe so, I live south of Columbus, Ohio. I haven't been to the Chevelle show nor am I a member, but heard that's a great group of people and they have a good show. I used to be a member of the Central Ohio Chevelle owners, but that club has disappeared. I hope to make it sometime to the Chevelle show, but don't know if and when. Maybe this year I can pop in for a day.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:31 PM

Chevymaher, Love the 68, my first car in high school was a 68 malibu.
This is my prom night 88/89.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:07 PM

Thank you. I had a 68 in high school. My third car. It looked like yours. It was midnight blue. Some 66 chevelle color. For all intents and purposes it was black tho. Unless you looked right into it in the sun.

That was a nice car you had.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:10 PM

Well I'm back from the July 4th weekend. We'll still be pretty busy for the next month then hope and pray things slow down. If you guys want I can check in everyday and bash somebody and be disrespectful. Maybe that will bring more traffic. Seems the internet and a keyboard brings out the worst in a lot of people and they look for a place to unleash.

Of course you'd have to look for a replacement pretty quickly because I'd give up this site like I have the other. Guess we'll have to be content with this small group of people who respect each other and the hobby. I never met most of you personally but feel like I have friends out there that I would like to meet in person. The 'other' site use to be like that. I met Tony, Ric, Ray Barnes on the 'other' site as well as Darren while in Hawaii and Rich in while in California. Don't even remember their screen names but both are great guys. Wish they would have stuck with this site longer.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 07-03-2017, 07:23 PM

I haven't been able to log in on the other site also. Plus it run so slow with my system. I've hanging more on face book Chevelle site these days. Car hasn't been out of the car for the last 6 months. To busy trying to get things done these days. Grand kids are keeping us really busy.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:27 PM

My Chevelle is in the shop now getting some attention ,may drive it to Ohio ,may be my last time going .

John
Old 07-04-2017, 04:23 AM

Hey Hank, if you want someone to "bash and be disrespectful" to, I'm your huckleberry. Have at it.