ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Regional Chevelle Clubs

Old 01-12-2018, 11:04 AM

Default why no national Chevelle Club

i was wondering, with all the interests in Chevelles, why isn't there a national club anymore?
I have several Pontiacs, and I belong to POCI, Pontiac Oakland Club interntional. they are huge and hold yearly conventions.

how come there is not a national club, it seems there are just the individual clubs throughout the US, but outside of forums, no way to connect.

POCI publishes a magazine every month, has articles, classifieds, etc.

I know there was a national club but it is now disbanded.

you think there will be any way that a national organization would form again?
thanks
Old 01-12-2018, 06:56 PM

The reasons are many but mainly lack of paying memberships and participation .Chuck used to organize an annual show and published a Chevelle Magazine but needed more members to participate .Many would come to the show but would not bring a car to enter which hurt the overall outcome as that was part of what helped pay for the show .

John
Old 01-13-2018, 09:38 AM

thanks for response. its a shame.
when was the last time Chuck or anyone attempted to form a national organization? it just seems crazy that out of all the chevelle clubs across the US, and there are so many of them, that there wouldn't be enough interest to have a national organization. POCI charges $35 a year, and has monthly magazine, classified ads, and helps sponser regional car clubs and shows, plus the big car show /convention each year.

There are a ton of Pontiacs and members and dues for membership are within everyones reach. its funny, peeps will spend 40K for a restored SS, but wont spend $25 to join a club. LOL.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:52 PM

It's a big undertaking to have a national club. Chuck spent a lot of hours trying to keep ACES going and trying to keep the hobby going.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:11 AM

i understand, but again, there are a lot of members who run the Pontiac Club, and there are reginal vice presidents, etc.
again, I am at a loss as to why so many chevelle owners, but none wants to have a national organization. the POCI is huge, and covers all Pontiacs and Oakland cars.
I wonder if it be more prudent to have a national Chevy organization that maybe covers Chevelles, Novas, and Camaros from like first generation to say 2002 when the last 3rd generation Camaro/firebird was made?
Old 03-20-2018, 08:31 PM

1992 was the last of the third gen F body cars.

I too would love to see a national Chevelle club again, but HUGE undertaking. I would even be happy with a GM A Body club.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:40 PM

Howdy! I joined this website/forum in the hopes of finding a '64 Malibu SS to purchase. Kinda bummed that there's not much going on here. Interesting that there is no national Chevelle club/organization.....you'd think there would be more interest.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:25 PM

graystroke. that is what I am wondering about too. like I said earlier, I have several Pontiacs, and they have a POCI, Pontiac Oakland club international. there are chapters all over the US, and they have national convention every year that runs for a week. with all the Chevelles, Novas, Camaros out there, I cant understand why there is not a similar forum and organization for these cars, as popular as they are. a national A body organization seems like a lot of us would benefit. the POCI dues are $35 per year, and again, most chevelle/nova/Camaro guys an pony up $35 to a club like this that offers information, tech information, shows, and trading posts to buy and sell cars and parts.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:34 AM

One of you guys could actually start one and see how involved it will be .

John