ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default A Word Of Advice

Guys, this is a word of precaution if your thinking of using CPP (Classic Performance Products) company for your cars. They mislead their products and their customer support is of no help. This is some correspondence that I've had with them on my 2" rear coil lowering springs I got from them (read the lower section first the go up):

Aaron,

So what good are they if I hit a big bump in the road and they fall out or if I have to jack up the car and it falls out or what good are they when going over every crack in the road and it rides like shit? These springs are designed for a truck, to be clamped to the differential and do not work on a car like they should. I understand that they should be a little firmer in the ride, but not like these are. These ride like the differential is welded to the frame.

Look on my invoice, it says RCS6034-2 (that to me looks like a 6034 spring that has a 2" drop) what you sent me was RCS603-4 (that looks like a 603 spring that has a 4" drop)

I ended up taking your springs out and got BMR 2" drop springs that gave me the 2" lower stance and smoother ride I was looking for and they were only 1/8" shorter than my stock springs. Plain and simple is you guys fucked up when you sent me these springs as they do not work on a car like you say.

I will let all the guys on Team Chevelle know of this and other Chevelle guys that I know across the country of your inadequate springs and service. I will never again buy any CPP products and I'm sure many of my friends will follow.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2016 10:33 AM
To: 'Ken Hayes aka Broken Rod'
Subject: RE: Springs

The RCS603-4 is a 4” drop in a pickup (c-10) and a 2” drop when used on 1967-72 A-body cars. They are the same spring.

Being shorter is correct as a drop spring compresses differently than a factory stock height spring. This is normal.

Also, yes, with a 2 or 3” drop spring in these cars when you fully release the suspension the coil is loose and you do have

to pay close attention when you bring the car back on its weight to position the spring.

A drop spring be design is naturally firmer and a more aggressive spring rate. If you want to raise the car back up 2”

the only option would be a stock height replacement coil. The more you drive it and use the coils they will lose a bit of the
harshness you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Aaron Strietzel

Classic Performance Products, Inc.

www.classicperform.com

From: Ken Hayes aka Broken Rod [mailto:knj5678@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 11:05 AM
To: Info <info@classicperform.com>
Subject: Springs

I ordered a set of 2" lowering springs for a 70 Chevelle (invoice # 488669A) in March of 2015 and got them 3/11/15. I installed them in May of 2015 and had some questions about the height of them as they were 4" shorter than my stock ones and the ride is terrible. I have about 165 miles on these springs. If you raise the car by the frame the springs will fall out.

I was told by you people that they were the right ones. I did some checking and the ones you sent me were for a 4" drop on a 60-72 Chevy Truck. That's where the 4" difference and the ride like a truck came into play

On the invoice it says you shipped RCS6034-2 springs and what I received was RCS603-4. What are we going to do about this situation as I am totally not satisfied with these springs.

Please let me know whats what.

Ken Hayes