ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Restoration by the numbers

Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 PM

Default Carb limits for stock 350

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and just starting to work on my 70 Malibu. A little background first...

My grandfather bought this car new and my father just passed it to me recently. Everything on this car is stock, except the motor has been rebuilt around 6,000 miles ago. It was not bored during rebuild. I have found that I have a leak around the main fuel line going into my 2 barrel Rochester. It seems the housing where the filter is seated is stripped. I am looking to change the intake and carb due to this, but am unsure about what I can put on it. I have found a good deal on a aluminum intake and 670 Holley, but I don't want to do anything that will harm my engine. I am not wanting to turn it into a hotrod, just a little more pep.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

J.R.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 AM

If it were me, and I had a completely stock Chevelle, I'd get a rebuild done by one of the pros and keep the 2bbl. The cost would be less than a carb and manifold and you wouldn't be 'going down that road'. My guess would be that the car would run better with the 2bbl.

One of many

http://www.thecarbshop.com/