ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2015, 07:24 AM

Default "What's the least that you'll take?"

Just a rant on how I loathe this common phrase. It just seems so lame to start with. I guess me expecting people to be more tactful is asking too much.

Maybe I can get away with replying, "If paying around half price of new is too much, maybe you need to take up a different hobby."
Old 07-18-2015, 07:51 AM

LOL after seeing the masters who buy and sell these cars for profit and the games they mentally play to make money. If it isn't worth what I got in it, much less the labor involved. It can sit and rot if I ever loose interest in it. I am sure my son or grandchildren will like it.

My rant is this. When they say subtract the cost of the work they got to do to make it what they want so they can make a profit.
Pull that on a new car lot. Well I got to change the stereo and paint it so take off 20 grand. No looser take it as it is, and what you do from there is on you.

I threw so much stuff away just because I don't want to deal with people like your talking about. No I wont install it and pay you for the privilege of meeting you.

I couldn't give away my perfect 68 bumpers with no rust. People talk dirt about new parts. But expect old parts to look new. Chaa why do you think I bought new. Sometimes people look a gift horse in the mouth.

They are living in a dream world. I used to buy perfect running cars for nothing almost but those days are gone. I paid more for this POS I got now than I ever dreamed I would back when they were 3-400 bucks for a nice car during the gas crunch.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-18-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:14 PM

I've been scrapping things lately, I figure if I'm not going to get much for something - I might as well scrap it. I've said it before, I'll say it again... I HATE people.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Bowtie Member

It's funny that we make fun of "the old guys" who have shelves of parts that they won't part with. This thread is a perfect example of why they won't part with parts. Like you guys said...people want everything for nothing. That is why I still have parts in my garage because it is not worth the frustration I have knowing that I sold something that was worth a lot more money than someone was willing to pay...and they knew that they screwed me. So I just keep it...ain't hurting me...just taking up shelf space until I know someone who really needs it and I probably will give it to them. I can deal with that.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-27-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
It's funny that we make fun of "the old guys" who have shelves of parts that they won't part with. This thread is a perfect example of why they won't part with parts. Like you guys said...people want everything for nothing. That is why I still have parts in my garage because it is not worth the frustration I have knowing that I sold something that was worth a lot more money than someone was willing to pay...and they knew that they screwed me. So I just keep it...ain't hurting me...just taking up shelf space until I know someone who really needs it and I probably will give it to them. I can deal with that.
Exactly. I give it away if I know them to. To me it is a hobby and a brotherhood of people sharing a interest. Not a cut throat money making scam.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

So...
What IS the least you'll take???
Old 08-27-2015, 06:00 PM

Haggling the price is half the fun .

John
Old 08-27-2015, 08:25 PM

I've given lots of parts away just to keep the hobby alive, and to help someone out.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Bowtie Member

I agree flash. But some people are just hard core when it comes to the price. I like the guy that say he looked it up on the internet and found out what its worth.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-27-2015, 09:29 PM

I have also given away a lot of parts and sold quite a few at discount prices just to help a fellow car nut in the hobby .I have a convertible top frame for sale now and one guy from Texas said he would drive out here for it if the price was right ,he wanted it for half of what a china repop would be so I still have it.

John