ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 06-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Default Yard sale swap meet finds

Hey all, just wondering what kind of finds you all have uncovered at yard sales or swap meets?
I also have couple questions.
I found a set of SS fender emblems at a yard sale yesterday. Guy said he bought them for a 70. He said they are repos. I looked at them and you can tell 2 are repos, but the other 2 have GM numbers on the back. Never used, are there repos with the numbers on them? 3949238. Paid $10
2nd question anyone seen the 68 69 header chevelle emblem in plastic? When I restored my 69 it was broke and it was plastic 20 years ago. Never seen another one until last week at a swap meet. Guy had a plastic one, weird.
Thanks
Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 AM

I bought my 72 El Camino SS at a yard sale and many parts over the years too .Never know what you may find at them .A month ago I bought a trailer load of 64 Chevy truck parts including a complete rust free cab w/doors and front fenders ,bumpers and assorted other parts for $500 .I sold it all for $700 plus $500 worth of 72 Chevy truck parts which sell easy if I decide to sell them. I have several 72 trucks though so the parts may get used .

John
Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 PM

Never seen a chevelle or elco at a yard sale. It is amazing what you can find. When I found my chevelle I stopped to ask about one sitting in a field, guy says that's not for sale but he had one in the barn he'd sell. I about fell over when he opened the doors. True daytona yellow 69 ss roller. Made a deal and bought it right there.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69 View Post
Never seen a chevelle or elco at a yard sale. It is amazing what you can find. When I found my chevelle I stopped to ask about one sitting in a field, guy says that's not for sale but he had one in the barn he'd sell. I about fell over when he opened the doors. True daytona yellow 69 ss roller. Made a deal and bought it right there.
That sure was a great find