ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Performance > Chevelle Drag Racing

Old 01-23-2014, 07:05 PM

You ought to go, don't forget to get the $1.00 extra large ice cream. At least I heard it was still a dollar. Track is awesome!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 PM

Lebanon valley it is 30 min away and a nice quarter mile track along with a half mile banked dirt track

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Administrator

I used to go to Detroit Dragway alot but only as a spectator. Started going to Milan Dragway in 78 with my 74 Monte Carlo. In 79 I ended up being Bracket 2 Champion.

In 1980 I started driving for Joe "Squeeky" Kulik in his Pinto Sedan Delivery called Squeeky Pt II and had a ball drivin that 4 cyl comin off the line at 11,500 RPM.......thats right 11.5. First time I raced for Joe I came off the line at 7,800 and all Joe could do was shake his head. He said next time when the lights are comin down....BOARD IT.......and come off at 11,500....man, what a blast. It had 9" rearend with 620 gears in it.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffey411 View Post
Lebanon valley it is 30 min away and a nice quarter mile track along with a half mile banked dirt track
Yeah Lebanon Valley Dragway is a nice little track.
I also like Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. great track!

Claude.

Last edited by toofastforyou; 07-25-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:49 PM

Thorn Hill is by my families fishing cabin on Kenton lakes. It is a locals type hangout. It is a old landing strip that was converted to a track. It had clocks not lights forever. Clock spun and you took off as it passed 0. It lit up red if you were early and green on the other side. Few weeks ago we had a family reunion at the lakes. I took my son to see my uncle run his Super Bee.
He said look dad a chevelle like yours everytime he saw one.
My son got to sit in a race car. Roll cage aluminum interior job. We had a good time.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Bowtie Member

One of the things that there are quite a few of in Texas are local dragstrips. One weekend my son Matthew and I decided to go out and see what our cars would do. But before we did that we wanted to go out and check out the track. This is the information that we had about the track.

San Antonio Raceway
San Antonio Raceway is a IHRA 1/4 mile dragstrip.
Dragstrip Features:
2 story tower with 3 suites and media room
13,000 seating capacity on aluminum bleachers
15 acres paved pit area
10 staging lanes
altitude 600'
60' wide
600' concrete pad
1/2 mile of shutdown
Poured-in-place concrete wall on both sides from burnout to last turn off road
On track VP Racing Fuel fuel station with all flavors of fuel as well as nitrous oxide and co2 filing equipment
Fully equipped EMT vehicle and fire truck on site
Bob's Burgers' Concession stand and souvenir trailer offering SAR and NHRA merchandise for added enjoyment to your racing experience.

After visiting the track, which reminded me of Detroit dragway, I wanted to see what my car would do without any modifications of the FAST from the street settings. The only thing we did was put on slicks.

First run my car spanked my sons Camaro, especially off the line. I may have only run in the low 13's but I was happy. Next run, after explaining a few things to my son, he got me at top end. But I was still happy to run in the high 12's. We didn't do much more. It was busy at the track and those couple of runs answered our questions about what it would do. We will be back, when I can find the time.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org