ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 02-18-2018, 04:18 AM

Sounds like you are having a good time getting old. Keep it up!
Old 02-19-2018, 03:48 AM

Thank you Tony. I am.

Can't worry about what is gone. Mainly youth. Just got to enjoy what you got left.

I live vicariously though my son now. Trying to teach him all the old school ways. He is leaning into being a computer geek I see that now. But I am trying to instill the go get it make it your self attitude in him.

On my van site there is a woman who has a 93 astro awd. It threw a rod and she moved on to gen2 vans and has several of those. We been PM ing and i getting that one. It is going to be a father son project for his first car. He grew up in the van I got and he wants one bad.

Wife already hinted you know he is going to want a chevelle as he starts driving. Well there you go. I am roped into doing another one of those with him.

My self I would rather him spend all his money on that. Hang in the garage and work with dad. Than go out and eat Tide pods with his peers.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 AM

Good luck with the boy. I like seeing a father take an interest in their kids future. Way too many kids nowadays don't want a damn thing to do with anything mechanical. Sad. Like you say, they eat Tide Pods. Shake my stinkin head.
I watched a video yesterday where about 20 of those mask-wearing anti-fascist punks got their ass whipped by 5 Trump supporters. Made my day!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:07 AM

I was, am a computer geek I guess. Spent 38 years fixing them or writing software for them. But that was my job, not my life. Today kids live inside a virtual world, playing on the computer, social media, etc. They don't know how to live in the real world and interact with other people. Go to a restaurant and see how many people are looking at their phones instead of the person or people they're with.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 02-20-2018, 09:40 AM

my son is 14 yrs old, and couldn't care less about my chevelle or 79 Trans Am. he is more interested in games on X BOX.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:10 PM

I did the SUV rear brake upgrade on my father's Sierra this morning. Then torched some brackets off of a rear axle for the volksrod. Uneventful day, wasn't in the mood to do much.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM

I did something very foolish about 1 AM ,could not sleep so I grabbed my phone and posted 2 trucks and my 81 Trans Am on several FaceBook group sale pages for sale .One truck is a 65 Chevy short fleet truck that is very rusty and I called it a parts truck . People went nuts over that thing and wanted to know if it ran and drove ,dependable ,all for $1200. My damn phone has gone nuts all day .I deleted the Trans Am add on the Pontiac sale site because they were a bunch of pricks .

John
Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 PM

Pick up are hot right now for the older C10 trucks.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
I was, am a computer geek I guess. Spent 38 years fixing them or writing software for them. But that was my job, not my life. Today kids live inside a virtual world, playing on the computer, social media, etc. They don't know how to live in the real world and interact with other people. Go to a restaurant and see how many people are looking at their phones instead of the person or people they're with.
LOL not my boy get him around other kids the tablet hit the table. They are running and playing the modern version of war. These days they are saving the world from zombies. He loves Boy scouts cant wait to go and run with the other kids there.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
my son is 14 yrs old, and couldn't care less about my chevelle or 79 Trans Am. he is more interested in games on X BOX.
The guy that I bought my Nomad from about 10 years ago had two sons. Both in their early twenties. He had the Nomad and a 34 Ford coupe. When he found out he had cancer and only a few months to live, he told the boys they could each have a car. Neither one wanted a car. They are into games on the computer.