ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Default Same treads on other sites.

It's kind of funny in a way that the same threads are on other sites in Bench Racing and other parts of other forums. I guess it's going to come down to which site people prefer as to if this wonderful site will survive or not. I understand how more people with knowledge are on other sites and that a post can be made on this site and nobody responds. As for me I'm going to try to stay on this site only and I hope others will follow. I also understand that since many members have paid dues on the other sites that the feeling is you need to use it, and that true. I guess I’m just wondering how others feel about this topic. Either way it turns out I just want to say "Thank you" to Grumpy for starting this great site and I hope others stay here too.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.

Last edited by rak1; 01-05-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 PM

It a strange thing that's going on.

I've got my own experiences in the last week. I've got my opinions too.

There are a few people from other sites that aren't here and I hope they stay away. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and this site is going to be fun in it's own way.

That said, I'll buy Grumpy a beer someday, if for no other reason than he didn't ban Gary
Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

The last week of the year was interesting to say the least ,for me anyways. From what I've seen elsewhere there just seems to be unrest if that describes it. I've remarked to people many times in the last month how cranky and on edge people were. I think I found a new home here as did many other people. Just so grumpy don't get cranky,I'll be happy.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:35 PM

I am going to try and check out all three sites. Shoot, I only cruise the net for chevelle related anyway.
I really like this site so far and will try to be a positive member.
Negativity and personal attacks will run me off from anywhere fast.
This is a very friendly site. Disagreements happen but I hope that people can be civil about it.
Life is too short.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie67SS454 View Post
I am going to try and check out all three sites. Shoot, I only cruise the net for chevelle related anyway.
I really like this site so far and will try to be a positive member.
Negativity and personal attacks will run me off from anywhere fast.
This is a very friendly site. Disagreements happen but I hope that people can be civil about it.
Life is too short.
Honestly, whats the 3rd site???

The last few weeks I have been trying to wean myself of the Chevelles.com addiction (before I turned into a post-a-holic like Gary)

Is that 3rd site where Gary had his problems?

I agree with the general unrest. I myself started a pretty cranky thread on Christmas, regarding membership renewal issues... Mostly because I just wanted to take a break from reality and talk Chevelles...

I kid myself now, that my Team Chevelle addiction has been kicked... But really, its just been replaced here.
And many previous Chevelles
Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM

2010 Is Definitely a New Beginning in the Chevelle World. It's gonna be hard to keep up with all 3 sites. I figure over time people will go where they feel the most love. I think it is enough to go around and all will survive.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Absolutely guys, nobody (at least nobody here) wants a competetion between sites, that does none of us or the hobby any good. As I can see, all 3 sites have already found there niche. And all 3 seem to be operating a bit diffrently based on that niche. Thats a great thing. Each site has something a little bit diffrent to offer and each plays a vital role in our hobby.

Its sort of like parts stores, some sell only restoration parts, some sell maintainance parts, and others sell only body supplies. In reality they are all supply shops, but they are all filling a specific void, and they all live in harmony

Jeff
2006 Cadillac CTS-V LS2 and a 6 speed
Old 01-05-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
Honestly, whats the 3rd site???

The last few weeks I have been trying to wean myself of the Chevelles.com addiction (before I turned into a post-a-holic like Gary)

Is that 3rd site where Gary had his problems?

I agree with the general unrest. I myself started a pretty cranky thread on Christmas, regarding membership renewal issues... Mostly because I just wanted to take a break from reality and talk Chevelles...

I kid myself now, that my Team Chevelle addiction has been kicked... But really, its just been replaced here.
I don't want to single out any one person or small group of people, and I won't. I also don't want to start bashing other sites, and I won't do that either. But here's what I see going on.

TC has changed from a small forum with a few highly dedicated members to a large and very popular site. The original members are pretty much guys who bought these cars new or as late model used, or guys who got into muscle cars in the 70s and 80s when they were cheap and plentiful, with a few exceptions. These guys pretty much just like to talk about cars on the site. Nothing wrong with that.

But as TC gets older and matures, the demographic is changing. Lots of younger guys are getting in, which is good. We want that. That's what keeps this going. We need that. But, the newer members like to talk about stuff other than cars, and mess around, goof on each other, and have a good time. I think the cadre of older members really really hates this. So much so that one of them started his own site and the rest followed. They have their own idea about how it should be run, which is fine for them.

A lot of the newer members I think also got tired of repeated efforts to jerk TC back to what it was before and no longer is, and when this site popped up they started to gravitate here. The people who run this site have their own idea about how it should be run and that, too, is fine.

TC of course will continue to be TC, which is great!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 PM

I enjoy this site more so just because there's no personal attacks. I mean everything on TC has been personal attacks (at least against me/ something of that nature) for the last few weeks. Ever since that 70 LS6 vert thread I felt tension on that site. I still like it very much, it was my life for a while...but it's time for me to move on. I made many valuable friends from that site but...all good things must come to an end. I'll be checking it out way less from now on...

I just want to have fun, learn, and not argue.

1972 Chevelle SS454 W-code
Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

You have only been here 4 hours Alek,give it time. All good things must come to an end,that sounds vaguely familiar.