ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions

Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM

Default Enternal Project

I am new obviously. I been restoring a 68 Chevelle for 10 years now. Same ol thing life keeps getting in the way. Got married had a kid, bought a house. Built a house list of set backs goes on and on.
I have had over 20 chevelles in my life. I was buying them during the gas crunch for reasonable prices. Before a dash gauge cluster was worth more than I was paying for a car. I gave up on them when the price got ridiculous for junk cars.
Anyway long story short my little brother showed me a restored 68 my color and said wouldn't you like to have just one more. And I was gone.
I bought a SS car with a parts car. Restored it and it was sold to the corvette museum in bowling Green Ky. Seems I wasn't into the numbers matching deal. I wanted options like air and power brakes and power steering. My color choice and striping. So I then started restoring the parts car to be mine and a keeper.
I am not big on exact restoration. I am mixing parts. It is what I did when I was in my 20's it is what I want. Not what a restorer wants so he can sell it for big bucks. It is end of the line for this car. It isn't for sale.
It is a frame off. Frame is redone and strengthened. Looks factory. Body has all the sheetmetal fixed. New welded in. I been doing bodywork on the weekends for years. I getting to the high build stage now.
So picture a teenagers car in the late 70's Factory looking with nice paint. It is that kids car. But he is alot older now and the car is in alot better shape.
My avitar is a photoshopped what I am shooting for when it is done.

Randy.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM

Welcome to the site. Sounds alot like my story. Took me over 7 years to finally get mine done and I had to wait 20 years before I would get another Chevelle in my life. Like the look you are going fore.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Bowtie Member

Welcome Randy. Sounds like you have a good idea of where you are going with your car. I have owned mine for almost 17 years and about 5 yrs ago I finally was able to start really working on my car. It will always be a work in progress, but a labor of love. I can't wait to go along with you on your journey.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 AM

Thanks I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. Blocking and wave chasing now. High build is next. I shooting for paint to be done this summer. But i was thinking it would happen last summer to. Untill life had other plans for me.
But it is getting closer. I am so ready to move on to putting the top on or wiring anything else.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned

Hi Randy welcome!