ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Bowtie Member

flash I am so happy for you and Joan. These boys sound like just what you two needed. I hear your happiness in your posts and I can just imagine the smiles that these boys put onto your faces. These boys were put in your path for a reason, and I think that you are doing a wonderful thing by giving them your time, and showing them that people DO care. Keep up the stories, cause you are putting smiles on other peoples faces too.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM

Ms Grumpy,
We dont know why these boys were brought into our lives as we were not looking for anything else but they are a gift from above and we really do enjoy the time we have together .We have had to squeeze them in lately due to the reconstruction on our rental property but it has worked out .We had planned to spend time with each of the boys on an individual bases but having them all together on Wednesdays has been more fun and easier in some ways .After the rental house is finished we hope to spend more time with them.They seem to be very happy with us ,Paul just wants to live in my shop as he loves the old cars.Chase calls me his ole man and just likes to hang out and Aaron likes to hang out with Joan as he loves to cook (he is learning to be a chef) ,that is when were at our house after our bike rides.Wes is the young foster dad (he's in his early 30's) and he likes spending time with us when he can too.Its like were a big happy family that just reconnected if that makes any sense.

John
Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Bowtie Member

Makes perfect sense. Family is not just because of blood, it is a connection. And you found that connection.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 11-09-2011, 10:34 PM

Today was a rainy afternoon and I thought our weekly bike ride was going to be rained out but we managed to get to ride after all with 2 of the boys.Then we went home to a big pot of chilli that Joan had prepared with corn bread .Chase joined us later after a youth conference he had to attend .We then just hung out in my shop and cleaned up and had a few laughs .Joan took some pics of our boys to share with Ms Grumpy so maybe she will post them for us.Aaron is finally opening up to us and is really responding well ,he has been the hardest to get to know as he has been hurt the worst.This has been very rewarding even though we dont have a clue what were doing.All we know to do is what our heart tells us is right and we just follow what God has given us. I still dont know why we were chosen for this but we are very thankful for the opportunity.

John