ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 PM

I had a head crack on the van. So the chev getting a break. I pullin the engine on the van.
And let me tell you that is fun.

Bore it new pistons got another set of heads. Got to get the driver back on her feet. Then we return to the never ending project.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:10 PM

I just got off the horn with the boat place. Mercruiser engine should be shipped very soon.
I think the van gonna like this alot.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:08 AM

My X Mas present has arrived.
Now since it is a mercruiser does it mount right inside the rear doors on the van?

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:24 PM

How many Horses ?

John
Old 12-23-2014, 02:17 PM

205-240hp depending on 2 or 4bbl. With 208@50 duration and 430-440 lift.
I will put my cam back in later the one I have got ate. 210-215@50 500-510 lift. I got a elderbrock intake and 65000 volt HEI for it. Basically waiting for the 276 thousand mile 4L60E to wear out so I can put in the 700R4 I got and gut the computer and go carb.
It a sound foundation to play with.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 PM

I be finishing up the van soon and getting back to work. Van fired first time a few minutes ago. Now I got to put the front end on water in it and burp it. Then I can clean this mess up. So I dont get oil on the chev. Mercruiser runs good.

Can wait to get back at doing the chevelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4y9yLYxY0U
Old 01-21-2015, 12:14 PM

Safarcruiser engine is done finally. I am waiting for a steering box I going to put on. I actually was working on the chevelle this morning. I put away the press and engine hoist. Sorted window and interior parts for the chevelle. Re-tooling so to speak for the next events concerning the chev. Arranging parts and making the list what to do and what i need next.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:01 PM

I finally chased down all the leaks and rattles on the van. Got the steering box on. Turns out it needed a trans mount. But it is over.

I actually worked on the chevelle all day yesterday. I got the gauges fuse deal in. I made it from the extra wiring harness. It uses period correct glass fuses. I made it from the footwell fuse box. I cut out the part that said gauges even. Mounted it under the hood. I used the vacuum boot to bring the gauge wires and tach lead through the firewall. I got one more of those boots I will use to bring the copper oil line through. It rigged but rigged in a 60's parts kinda way. I like it.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:23 PM

I worked since 5am. Finally got the drivers side cozy wing done. Polished the chrome, cleaned the non showing parts. I bought the rubber for it.
I restored the rubber against the glass. 1500 sanding sponge for buffing. Stiff brush and a terry cloth rag. PB Blaster in a cup. Used the sanding sponge with the PB and scrubbed the rubber. Made it soft, took the dry layer off. Made like a rubber looking paste. Really impressed. Same color as the new one.
I spent 8 hrs on it. Every nook and cranny looks new. Ready to go in the next time I work.
But the important thing is I am back to work on it. Still got ungodly amounts of work left to do.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:31 AM

I see windows being listed as in body. But they are inside to and I doing them with interior. So does that count?
Anyway I been cleaning and greasing the tracks. I had to replace one of the rollers. I got the passenger door handle greased and in working. I got to buy the drivers side. Out of 4 of them I don't have a decent one.
I had all the parts laid out and just tried to unravel the mysteries of the pyramids yesterday for a while. These things been out over 8 years.
Today's adventure will be cleaning and greasing the track on the passenger window itself. The vynal covering the guide on the metal part of the window is missing. So today I will McGyver it up and make a new one.
I just pluggin along still.