ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Default Non-English speaking tech SOB's

Between Dell computers and Comcast techs in the last couple of days, I think I'm going to have another heart attack. It is just fkn unbelievable they expect us to understand these foriegn bastards.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 PM

If you do not understand, you may request to speak with someone in the USA who speaks english. I've done it before and they will transfer you but you have to be nice or your call will be disconnected on "accident."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2014, 05:54 PM

I was accidently "disconnected" four times today. I finally got some real service after I called Comcast Corperate Headquarters in Philly. Spoke to a nice English speaking lady that got things rolling. I'm now getting the "excutive" service. Not sure what that is, but I'm on the list.

Dell is another story. They have absoutely the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. NO AMERICANS FOR YOU!!!! CLICK.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Bowtie Member

Tony I have Dell laptops in my house and I totally understand where you are coming from. I haven't had to make the calls, David did, and he puts them on speaker phone. I think he does that to annoy them too. lol

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

what's wrong with your computer? I'm sure we can help or really screw it up for you. One of the guys that work for me is Dell certified.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
what's wrong with your computer? I'm sure we can help or really screw it up for you. One of the guys that work for me is Dell certified.
I think it's working now. I didn't even turn it on yesterday, for fear of getting all pissed off again. I bought a new laptop, Dell 17" that still has Windows 7. Everyone said to stay away from 8. I use Outlook Express for email, Microsoft no longer supports that, so I have Windows Live Mail on the new one. It wouldn't send and recieve after one use. There is an error code that comes up when it tried to connect. I spent 2 and a half hours on the phone the first day with an Indian woman. She took control of the computer and messed it up so bad, she had me do a complete system restore, which meant all the stuff I had in it was gone. That worked one time. Next day, a little over and hour with Achmed. He finally figured out the error code was directly from Microsoft. The ports for email had the wrong numbers installed. I'll turn it on later today and see if it works. I bought an external hard drive yesterday to transfer my files, but I have no idea how to do that. I'll try to figure it out in a day or so. I'm pretty short on patience with this modern stuff. Then I'm going to try and get a printer hooked up so I don't have to forward everything to Kathy to get it printed. That should be fun.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Wife has a new Dell laptop with Windows 7 (we both had XP before and loved it) and I just got a new Dell XPS8700 desktop with Windows 7. She has no patience with hers and I haven't had a problem with mine at all. Its taking a little time to get used to it, but slowly I'm getting there.........even bought a Windows 7 for Dummies book and it really helps.

Printer should go just fine Tony......just go slow and follow the instructions.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:12 AM

Ric and I can come up when I get back and take a look Tony. I'll bring a hammer, some pliers, you have a welder, we'll fix that sucker.

This laptop has Windows 7. Lynda's has Windows 8. It works but I'm not a fan of Windows 8. Desk top at home is Windows Vista. All have Windows Live Mail on them, no problem.

I hate getting somebody in Mumba, "Hello, my name is Steve, it will be my pleasure to technically F' you over today."

Wish I could add the Indian accent.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 03-08-2014, 08:20 AM

I always got someone in the US when we had Comcast. Problem is they use contractors for repair. You have to report the same problem 3 times within 30 days, calling the 800 number, before they will send a Comcast tech, someone that can actually fix your problem. The contractors are overloaded, all they have to do is 'something' then they leave. Replace the DVR, put on a new cable end, something, anything then they can leave.

So glad we have Uverse now, all their techs are ATT employees and they're supposed to fix your problem the first time. They don't want call backs.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle

Last edited by Hank70SS; 03-08-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
I always got someone in the US when we had Comcast. Problem is they use contractors for repair. You have to report the same problem 3 times within 30 days, calling the 800 number, before they will send a Comcast tech, someone that can actually fix your problem. The contractors are overloaded, all they have to do is 'something' then they leave. Replace the DVR, put on a new cable end, something, anything then they can leave.

So glad we have Uverse now, all their techs are ATT employees and they're supposed to fix your problem the first time. They don't want call backs.
Hank, you are not making me feel good. We are changing from WOW to Comcast this week and now I am questioning our decision. But since the first of the year WOW's service has sucked, and they cut 1/2 their channels and increased the cost of service.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org