ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Maintenance

Old 01-01-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes67 View Post
dbradely, if you had read what i put on my question maybe you could have come out with a better answer. The gentleman that you say works for minimum wage probably could buy and sell you with his pocket change. Now what i said orginally was that i wanted some feedback on Royal Purple 10/30 or straight 30w.
i have had some excellent feedback from alot of other gearheads and i do appreciate what they have to say, if this is the kind of feedback i can expect then maybe i need to move to some place that respects other people.
Have a good year dbradley
Maybe he mis-read your post, maybe not. Either way just let it go Mike. This is the internet so you can't be too sensitive to the responses. I guarantee there isn't a forum out there where you won't get replies that you don't like. Take the good, ignore the others.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 AM

Default Royal Purple

You know I usually don't let people push my buttons but for some reason dbradely did. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of thinking he has that much power over me.
I'm here to get help from guys and gals that want to be helpful. Now let's start this New Year off positive. I've got to figure out how to post a picture of my Chevelle, I just finished doing a complete front end overhaul, went from power drum to disc brakes, new sway bar the works, man does it make a difference on the ride and the stopping. I always had the go power but no stop power.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement, this ole dog aint going anywhere.
dbradley have a blessed New Year and the rest of the Chevelle owners
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 AM

I haven't watched the video but Ms Grumpy, Nancy, posted this how to on posting pictures. If you still have questions after watching, let us know, it's really pretty easy.

http://www.chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=1151

My Chevelle
Old 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Default Posting Photo

Thanks that sounds easy enough. I will try soon, now I've got to get some god pictures of the Chevelle.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Bowtie Member

Can't wait to see your pics. Remember, you can go to your profile page and set up whole albums of your car also. Each album can hold up to 75 pics.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to JpMotorsports Send a message via Yahoo to JpMotorsports

I have been running Royal Purple 10w30 in my 69 Mild 350 for 2 years now. I never had nor seen any problems running in it my car. I really like the stuff and think its a great oil def a lil improvement in power. I run it with a K&N oil filter as well.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:40 AM

Default Royal Purple

Thanks for the reply. I have gotten a lot of different opinions from people but that is what makes things work. I have 2 cases so i guess i will buy royal purple filter and try the oil and see if there is any difference in power. Will let you Chevelle guys and Gals know
Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 AM

There really aren't any 'bad' oils out there. Some might not be suited for high lift flat tappet cam but that doesn't make them bad. They all meet the government specs.

My Chevelle
Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 PM

I use to use it in my 96 jeep grand cherokee,, engine oil/ trans oil/ front /rear diff oil, and in the transfer case, , loved it ! never had a problem with it. But , they don't give it away!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Default Royal Purple

Well I just got mikes67 back from the shop and finished the front end overhaul, brakes upper and lower a-frame bushings i mean a total overhaul, this thing will stop now and steers just as good, now in goes the Royal Purple oil, have gotten a lot of positive feedback so it's time to change it out, will let yall know as the miles go on, going to slow because it's raining and she don't get wet.
Updates will come as the weather permits.
mikes67