ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 03-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Bowtie Member

Default Looking to start a Cruise in Rochester Hills

I am looking to start a cruise in Rochester Hills, Michigan. I have been in contact with the local Leader Dogs for the Blind organization and they would be willing to partner with us in an event.

I am just looking for some input on what you guys think makes a great cruise.

The cruise will be in a parking lot that has plenty of space, access to a sit down restaurant, a deli, caribou coffee, GFS, Hallmark and a sub shop. So food and bathrooms should not be a problem.

I have considered doing this on a Saturday morning, or do you think that Sundays are better for cruises.

Please give me any input that you might think would help. Also, who is local that may come?

Thanks,
Nancy

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-23-2010, 06:09 PM

Personally I prefer afternoons, maybe that's just me. Take care of whatever needs to be done around the house, cleanup and go to a cruise. You do need to let the police know and have signs to make sure there are no 'exhibitions of speed'. I'm not against it, I've gone through plenty of tires, you just don't want things to get out of control at your cruise. I've seen my share of idiots that can't control a car and have or nearly have caused accidents.

Vendors if you can get them aren't bad, maybe a DJ with some classic tunes. I guess I'm basically describing Baker's Sunday Cruise. The biggest weekly cruise in the midwest and you can find me there just about every Sunday. You should come one Sunday and check it out.

Trophies, judging, etc., some people are all about that but most are interested in looking at the other cars and meeting people. I have and probably never will win a trophy but I sure have made a lot of friends. Wouldn't trade any of them for a car full of trophies.

EDIT: I assume this is a one time event, maybe I'm wrong. One time, charity(leader dogs), I guess you need to have some trophies.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle

Last edited by Hank70SS; 03-23-2010 at 06:13 PM.