ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 01-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Default Woodward Dream Cruise 8/15/2010

8/15 and of course the whole week before.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Been telling myself for years that I'm going to attend this event.
I'm hoping this will be THE year!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:30 AM

If you do make it try to get here as early the week before as you can. That's when all the real cruising happens. Saturday turns into a parking lot. If you've never been then I'd say it's something you need to see at least once.

My Chevelle
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Bowtie Member

I have only missed one of the Dream Cruises, we happened to living in Indianapolis and were able to catch the Indy 500 parade. The dream cruise has changed so much over the years. The very first one was the coolest, you had people drag racing, others had hoses putting out water so cars could do burnouts that totally covered both directions of Woodward stopping traffic. You actually got to see alot of the classics actually driving.

Now, the classics park on the side of Woodward and pull out their lawnchairs because you don't want to take the chance that the "daily drivers" cars or the young punks will run into them. Now don't get me wrong, I still love to be out there but some of the best nights are the weekends leading up to the cruise. David and I live within a few miles of Woodward and we always welcomed our friends to come to our house if they needed a place to get away from the craziness, or to make repairs or just to sit in the air conditioning to cool off.

Finding a place to park now is a real trip. First off, if you are lucky enough to know someone maybe you can park for free. This last year we paid a couple hundred bucks for 3 parking spots with someone we knew, but it would be really cool to get a bunch of Chevelles to take over this parking lot that we were in. It was easy to get in and out of, had a pizza place and Bathrooms. You guys know that we women like to have an actual bathroom..priorities..lol...and if you have children that is just as important.

Hopefully we can get a group together for this years cruise, then we can go to the drive in A&W for burgers and rootbeer.

Nancy

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Nancy, you're description of the first cruise sounds like the Rolling Cruise the week before the Back to the Bricks cruise in Flint. Also the Helluva Cruise, Hamburg to Hell, MI a few years back.

If we could get a parking lot for the Dream Cruise that would be great. Back to the Bricks is a different weekend this year so you need to check it out to. I did Back to the Bricks instead of the Dream Cruise last year, same weekend, and I'm glad I did. Flint did a great job hosting it, they actually made you feel welcome as opposed to a lot of the cities along Woodward.

Anyway, get to do both this year.

My Chevelle
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

You can bet your last buck I will be trying to get every chevelle together for Woodward. If I recall we had access to something like 50-55 spots.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 AM

Default 1998 Dream Cruise

When did they have their first dream cruise? A half dozen cars from our area were there in '98 and Saturday was a parking lot then as well. If I get back there again, it would be probably mid week and leave late Friday. It's nice to actually be able to cruise. Just coincidence, but I'm wearing my '98 Dream Cruise Tee shirt right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Been telling myself for years that I'm going to attend this event.
I'm hoping this will be THE year!!
Bill, if you are looking for someone travel with up from Georgia let me know, my brother is over in the Woodstock / Canton area and he's planning on coming up in his 67 Mustang convertible and would probaly love to have someone to cruise up with if you are driving your car.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Bill, if you are looking for someone travel with up from Georgia let me know, my brother is over in the Woodstock / Canton area and he's planning on coming up in his 67 Mustang convertible and would probaly love to have someone to cruise up with if you are driving your car.
Thanks for the offer Ric !
I live just south of Woodstock and have probably seen your brother's Mustang at the Riverstone (Canton) cruise.
The problem with making plans for Woodward this far ahead (in Aug) is I never know what my work is going to throw at me.
I will keep this in mind...
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Thanks for the offer Ric !
I live just south of Woodstock and have probably seen your brother's Mustang at the Riverstone (Canton) cruise.
The problem with making plans for Woodward this far ahead (in Aug) is I never know what my work is going to throw at me.
I will keep this in mind...
Bill, tell me about when the Canton cruise is, he has been down there for almost 20 years and has not been to a cruise yet and was wondering where one is. Thanks