ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to SS Shaun
Default Today was just one of those days!

[rant]
So today started off as a normal Sunday. Work up at 9 to get ready for church like normal showered got dressed and started my Magnum (Family car we use on the weekends) got my daughter all setup and wife in the car and took off for church. when i got on the highway i started to notice a funny shaking on my steering. I was at 50mph and it was starting to get really shaky. I got off the highway and it wasn't doing it. Got to church and turned the wheel full lock and pushed it and saw my tie rod was pretty much about to fall out. So I went to the auto store picked up 2 tie rods and some oil ($99.79). Came home changed the tie rods changed the oil all went well. Went inside to wash my hands and i noticed the water was really weak. Went to the garage and noticed the fuse was tripped. Flipped it back and had my wife run the water and it tripped again. Went to the basement and turned off the pressure switch and had my wife flip the fuse and it was fine. as soon as i turned the pressure switch back it tried to get water but i didn't hear the pump turn on then it tripped again. Called the plumber not expecting to hear a voice told him what happened and he tells me worst case it will be $2200 to replace everything so for one day between my magnum and my well pump i am looking at $2300 i am going to and then go to bed. Have a great day! [/rant]
Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 AM

Some days it's just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Sorry to hear about all that went on. Look on the bright side. The tie rod could have fallen off while you were driving at 50. Sounds like the good Lord kept you safe. The water could have been worse also. Keep your chin up all will work out. Seems like about the time I think I might have a little extra cash something always comes up.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 AM

Yeah i know i thought about that when i took the tie rod off it was so loose it could of popped out. now its nice and stiff. it makes me think if i can put something else in its place instead of a tie rod. I am sick of replacing these tie rods on the magnum. This is the 4th set since 2006. As for the water pump the plumber is here now and the bill is looking more like 1200
Old 04-14-2014, 12:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

You're getting away cheap...

We came home 4 weekends ago after a visit with my daughter and family in Alexandria, LA to a partially flooded kitchen. The dishwasher decided to pee all over the hardwood floor.
Fast forward to present...guy coming out tomorrow to measure for new granite countertops.
To be installed on brand new custom cabinets that rest on a new porcelain tile floor.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Bowtie Member

Shaun I am glad that it was you and not your wife driving the car. I don't know how good she is with the mechanics of a car and if she would have been able to figure out the problem as quickly as you, and to stop driving the car. Sometimes I have had David make fun of me because I tell him about every noise that any of our vehicles are making.

I think back to the problem with my motor when every time I drove it, it started sounding like a sewing machine and it would not do it when other people drove my Malibu. So no one would believe me. Til one day, when I had made an appointment at Dart to have the motor builders look at it. Got to Dart and of course it wouldn't do it, took my brother Eric for a ride and after about 30 minutes the motor started making noises. The look on my brothers face when he screamed "Shut it off, shut it off". They believed me then. And ended up finding out that there was a problem that was Dart's fault and they rebuilt the motor....no charge.

Bill, sounds like you are getting a nice new kitchen. Hopefully your homeowners helped with your flood.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-14-2014, 08:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Bill, sounds like you are getting a nice new kitchen. Hopefully your homeowners helped with your flood.
Thanks Ms...I never turned this in to my insurance. Didn't feel like dealing with all the HASSLES.
Simply ordered a 30yd dumpster the next day and gutted the room...

Last edited by BillsCamino; 04-14-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:07 PM

yeah i am glad it was me driving she would of pulled over and left it there...lol as for the well pump after everything was said and done total cost was $1250 so i took the best and longest hot shower i could i called it the $1200 shower! but its up and running and better than before. and the car is back up and running and better then before. now time to work on the rx7 motor replacement and finish the chevelle!!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:23 PM

At least this didn't happen over the winter.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 05-23-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
At least this didn't happen over the winter.
YEP !! That's Michigan.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 PM

lol its snowing right now...lol