ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Wheels & Tires

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM

Default 72 SS Wheels- tire size?

Hey guys, and gals, I've decided to go with 72 SS 15 x 7 wheels on my 72 convertible, my question here is, what size tires should I run? I kind of like the idea of being able to rotate them but really like the look of some meat in the back. What is the widest tire I can safely fit on the rear and what cooresponds with them for the front? I plan to run BFG's. I may go with 4 matching, if I go that route, what's recommended? I love the look of the car at the top of the home page! Im lowering the car 2" all around with Hotchkis lowering springs. It still has along way to go, but is currently on jackstands and I want to buy my tires so I can install the wheels once I finish rebuilding the suspension. Maybe then, I'll be inspired to keep on it. All the sheetmetal work is done, suspension is almost done, frame painted with POR15, tranny (4 speed muncie) ready to go in, engine (1967 325HP 396) rebuilt and ready to go back, still need all the wiring, all the interior, new top, dash reinstalled, and paint.....doesn't sound like much does it? If I keep on it, I'd like to finish it this year. My intention was to have it at Chevellabration 2012, I didn't make it, sadly 2012 was the last year for it. I'd appreciate hearing what sizes others have on these wheels. Thanks!!!