ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Maintenance

Old 12-18-2010, 02:33 PM

Default Royal Purple

I was given two cases of Royal Purple and I went back to swap one for a 10w 30 instead of the 30w and the guy that works there asked me when i walked in "what are you trying to do blow something up" and I said no it was given to me and I was swaping one case for a 10w30 because I don't like straight 30w and he commenced to tell me some horror stories about peole he knows that have run the oil in their car's. He is a big time drag racer, works in a respected speed shop so i think he may know something i don't but i wanted to toss this out there and get some feedback.
Let me hear from someone on how they feel or if they no someone who uses the oil.
Thanks
Mike
Old 12-19-2010, 06:50 AM

I don't use it but have never heard anything bad about it. My son has been using it in is truck for several years. Not sure how long he goes before oil changes, longer than with dino oil.

You'll find people that say it's the best, you'll also find people that say Amsoil is best and so on and so on.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 12-19-2010, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. i am waiting to hear from others before i put it in my Chevelle.
let me throw something else out there. This may be the wrong place but i will try.
I am looking for other muscle car owners that are Veterans of the Military or on Active duty that would like to start a club. I live in San Antonio, soe body give me some feed back. Yes I am a veteran of the Vietnam Era US Navy 1964 to 1968 very proud and would go back if i could
Old 12-19-2010, 07:46 PM

Not a veteran ,but thanks for your service especially during a time when our soldiers were not treated well.

John
Old 12-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes67 View Post
Thanks for the reply. i am waiting to hear from others before i put it in my Chevelle.
let me throw something else out there. This may be the wrong place but i will try.
I am looking for other muscle car owners that are Veterans of the Military or on Active duty that would like to start a club. I live in San Antonio, soe body give me some feed back. Yes I am a veteran of the Vietnam Era US Navy 1964 to 1968 very proud and would go back if i could
Why don't you put a post in the "Regional Chevelle Clubs" forum, asking for members from your area.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Default mikes67

I'm pretty new to these forums so i don't know where to find forums in the San Antonio area. HELP
Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 PM

If he's a "big time drag racer" what's he doing with a minimum wage counter job? Two of my cars came with 5W30 synthetic from the factory, as have millions of others out there. Get the proper weight as shown in your owner's manual. If this is for a non-factory built Chevy engine, I would be comfortable with a premium 10W30 in there. If its over 450hp, I'd move up to a 15W40.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:43 PM

Default Royal Purple

dbradely, if you had read what i put on my question maybe you could have come out with a better answer. The gentleman that you say works for minimum wage probably could buy and sell you with his pocket change. Now what i said orginally was that i wanted some feedback on Royal Purple 10/30 or straight 30w.
i have had some excellent feedback from alot of other gearheads and i do appreciate what they have to say, if this is the kind of feedback i can expect then maybe i need to move to some place that respects other people.
Have a good year dbradley
Old 12-31-2010, 09:02 PM

Hey Mike ,dont let one guy run you off .I for one would like you to come back and get to know us .I dont know a lot but will help anyone I can .How bout it ,stick around and BS with us.

John
Old 12-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Don't know much about Royal Purple,but Maureen sometimes calls me a royal pain.