ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Performance > Chevelle Pro-Touring

Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

Default Anyone running EFI

I have been pretty interested in EFI lately. Anyone run it ? Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I have an EFI'd '95 LT1 in my car... I love it, but the LT1 platform doesn't have the power potential of the LSX platform. I have an LS1 waiting in the shop for me to get the funds together.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 PM

I thinking about installing a mid 90s MPFI 318 into my old 81 Dodge----does that count???
I have the engine---need the right bellhousing for my trans now.

59 ElCamino--454/5-spd
66 ElCamino--3oh7/5-spd (reassy. required)
Old 01-12-2010, 05:08 PM

I've been thinking of trying one on the crate engine in my sig (Eelbrock 435 hp crate). I have been thinking about it for some time but the paperwork from edelbrock states not to do it but doesn't explain why. One thing stoping me is the cost, about 3k for a complete system from them, and I'm wondering why they say in all the paperwork not too. Currently it has an 800 Thunder Series AVS so I don't see what the problem is but before I jump into a setup I'm going to need to do some more research and save $$$ so it's going to be a while....
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM

I have a TPI Engine from a 92 Camaro I have considered installing in my Chevelle. I'm just not really interested in the whole "Prom" burning thing.Now if I could find some other way to control the TPI that was affordable,I really like how well it works and I think it looks pretty cool.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 AM

I've got a buddy that runs a TBI on a first gen camaro with a dart smallblock. He controls the TBI and a 6-AL2 box with his laptop. It is one of the sickest things I have ever seen, and that car HAULS. Solid cam with 300-something duration and .600-something lift. It HAULS.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:34 PM

I have a Ram Air 502 EFI Crate Engine for mine. I haven't been able to talk to someone that has experience with this engine yet. I heard mixed opinions about it. Runs great with awesome response. Not sure about the MPG yet with the 700R4 tranny and Ford 9" with 370 gears. Haven't got it on the road yet. Some people like the lap top fine tuning options of other EFI's. I'm not sure how much, if any, fine tuning change capabilities mine has either.

MY 72 SS TRIBUTE RESTO MOD
http://community.webshots.com/user/lev8trmn
Old 01-30-2010, 09:22 PM

My bud's car is all custom, home built, with a throttle body off a ford pickup, a fabricated intake box, seamless 316 tubing (1/2") all the way from the electric pump and aluminum cell, etc. The MSD box is on the kick panel on the passenger side, and has a place to just plug in with the laptop. He has taken out quite a few really hot turbo ricers with that thing.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 PM

I have been planning an EFI set-up since the late nineties, and now that my El Camino is running again I am doing the research and I'll start putting the pieces together for a factory TPI conversion for mt ZZ4.

I highly recommend the swap manuals from Jags that Run.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
I have an EFI'd '95 LT1 in my car... I love it, but the LT1 platform doesn't have the power potential of the LSX platform. I have an LS1 waiting in the shop for me to get the funds together.
Derek isnt that lt-one equipped with a multi-sequential FI system and opti-spark? But your right about the HP potential. I doubt if one could pull 350 HP with all the bells and whistles.

Grumpy, if you are talking EFI'ing a first or second generation small block , in my opinion the Tuned Port Injection is the way to go .... and they look so damn nice.