ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2017, 06:28 PM

Default Fun Day!

Well we finally had a day with no rain, wind or sleet so we got to clean up some leaves. Lynda had a follow appointment for surgery a couple of weeks ago so we got started around noon. I just finished up around 7:00 PM.

We bought a lawn sweeper and I started picking up leaves. Lynda feed the fire. Since most of them were wet I was picking them up faster than they would burn so I switched between picking up leaves and cutting the grass. Shaved it down to 2.5". We have about 1.5 acres, mostly grass and we got all but about 10-15% done. Only problem is all the leaves that are still in the trees. I'm thinking they won't get cleaned up until next spring.

Tony, I did take a couple of minutes at lunch break and took some pictures of our summer project(s). Supposed to rain again tomorrow so maybe I can post them and add a little narrative. Should have taken the pics a month ago, things looked alot better before all the new plants got hit with freezing temps. Anyway, right now I need a beer, cigarette then maybe some dinner.

Hope you all had a good day, better than mine anyway.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 11-14-2017, 07:51 PM

Hank ,that sounds like a fun day for me , I love yard work when I have the time . Been tearing trucks apart lately instead of being productive .

John
Old 11-15-2017, 04:05 AM

How is Lynda doing?

Post them when you get a chance.

Surprised the leaves are still hanging on.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Hank ,that sounds like a fun day for me , I love yard work when I have the time . Been tearing trucks apart lately instead of being productive .
Normally I wouldn't mind doing the leaves. Do some one day then some more the next but not this year. It's mid-November and there's still a lot of leaves in the trees. It's been raining so much yesterday was the first time we had a chance to clean any of them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
How is Lynda doing?

Post them when you get a chance.

Surprised the leaves are still hanging on.
Lynda's doing pretty good. Still healing up inside I'm sure. Dr. said close to half her stomach had pushed up through the hole in the diaphragm into the chest area. Now that it's down below the diaphragm were it belongs the lungs and heart are shifting around back to where they should be. She gets tired easy but overall doing good. Yesterday I used the sweeper to pick up the leaves then dump them at the burn pile. Lynda just raked them onto the fire from there but that wore her out pretty good.

Hey, I was just outside and there's flames still shooting up from the pile of leaves. Hopefully they finish burning up before the next round of rain comes in later this morning.

Have to take to the kitty cat to the vet this morning so hopefully get some pics up later.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle