ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Shopper > Chevelle Members Classifieds
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 PM

Default 1970 Elcamino project

I've got a 1970 Elcamino for sale. It has a solid body! Nothing special about the truck other than the body, drum brakes, 10 bolt rearend, non A/C, plain jane wheels, some restoration work done, all glass is good, cowl hood, front fenders have been removed, stripped to bare metal and primered, radiator support has been painted, firewall painted, new heater core, no engine or transmission in truck but have a 350/700R4 available for an additional $500. There is no seat, carpet, or radiator. Was originally a gold truck, it's now red. I bought the truck already apart out of Cincinnati Ohio for the big block engine and transmission that was in it to put in my 72 convertible. I'll take $2500 for the truck, it's not easy to find a body this solid, That's much less than I paid for it, but I already got what I wanted. Engine is a 1994 350, has corvette valve covers, aluminum intake, edelbrock carb, hei distributor, ran good, shifted good, in vehicle it was just pulled from, nothing wrong with it at all. Located in Blountville, Tn. Truck is in the garage which makes it hard to take photo's but if someone wants I will try to take some. I'd keep it and turn it into a daily driver but I already have too many projects and I'm out of storage, my 68 convertible wants it's spot back in the garage! Give me a call if seriously interested. 423 360 1464
Old 02-24-2012, 08:37 AM

You should load it onto a trailer and bring it to the Peachstate Chevelle Show this May and put it in the car corral ,I bet it would sell quickly. Or even take it to Chevellabration in Nashville in June ,much bigger crowd there.

John
Old 02-24-2012, 06:30 PM

Default I messed up

Thanks Flash! I may do that, but I was hoping to sell before then. I was hoping to drive one of our convertibles down to Chevelleabration. We will definitely be there, it'll be our third year, my 12 year old son and I love it. I made the mistake of buying another car before I sold this elcamino and now I've got a 72 SS chevelle being delivered the end of this month, still all apart, with no place to put it.....
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Bowtie Member

Have any pics ?

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 02-25-2012, 07:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I might be interested...
Email me a few pics please.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:19 PM

I'll try taking some pics, been working long days, seven days a week lately and other than getting on line at night and thinking about working on one of the cars, haven't had time for much else. Lol I'll try getting some photo's posted. It's in the garage which makes it difficult to get any good pics.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 PM

Well, I installed the engine this weekend, partially, still need to install the starter, wire it up, install vacuum hoses, you get the routine...I put the radiator support on, bolted on the front fenders, pushed it out of the garage, was gonna post photos but can't figure out how to do so here. If anyone is interested email and I'll be glad to forward some pics. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Bowtie Member

If you send me a PM I will send you my e-mail so you can send me some pics and I will post them here for you.

Actually if you have the pics loaded on your computer, you can post them by going to the "Go Advanced" tab, go down to where you see "Manage attachments" and click on it. A pop up will appear with 5 spaces, beside each space will be a button that says "browse", click on that. It should pull up something that shows you the files on your computer, find your pic that you want to post and click on it. It will load it into the first space, do this with each space til you have up to 5 pics. Then you will hit the key that says "upload". As long as your pics are not huge, it should load you pics onto your post. You will probably have to write something in the "message" space before you can post. I hope that this helps. You can do this with albums on your page here on Chevelleforum. The bonus to having albums, is that you can use the BB code and enter the pic directly into the "Message" space and have the pic show up large in the post. I hope I didn't confuse you, and hopefully it helps.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Bowtie Member

I hope I didn't scare you away with the picture posting post. lol

Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to be back online for awhile, thanks for the offer of listing the photo's for me, I appreciate that. I have since sold the elcamino and need to delete the listing.