ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Gallery

Old 02-11-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caljon88 View Post
Looking good, you're making me look like a slacker!!! I'll have to play catch up with you.
You better get on it! I may be making progress but I think your still way ahead of me! I've still got a ton of sheet metal to hang.

Tonight I took the steering column out and got the dash unwired, unbolted and pulled. Then cleaned the floor, firewall and got them primed. I'm gonna wait another night or two to pull the motor.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadracer392 View Post
You better get on it! I may be making progress but I think your still way ahead of me! I've still got a ton of sheet metal to hang.
I've done all the bushings, ball joints, painted in that area, and install the disc breaks for the front. February is pretty much a wash with work and auto shows on the weekends. I still have the rear to do and wire the entire car! I'm subscribed to your thread, I'm keeping tabs on ya! 😀. It will be in the road for summer!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by caljon88; 02-12-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caljon88 View Post
I've done all the bushings, ball joints, painted in that area, and install the disc breaks for the front. February is pretty much a wash with work and auto shows on the weekends. I still have the rear to do and wire the entire car! I'm subscribed to your thread, I'm keeping tabs on ya! ��. It will be in the road for summer!!!

Yeah, I did the same thing on my few months ago. Every bit you get done helps it all adds up and some progress is better than no progress. I know what ya mean about being busy.I'm trying to get all I can get done now because in March and early April we have a shutdown scheduled at work and I'll have to be working 6-12hr days with 16hr days being an option. Are you doing an aftermarket wiring harness or just redoing what you have? I've seen a few kits for the chevelles and I'd like to redo mine but for as old as it is, it seem fine with no broken insulation or really stiff wires. Plus I'm trying to conserve cost and time as much as possible. It didn't seem like I got a whole lot done this evening, but I did get the back glass out and found lots of rust around it but it only rusted through on the quarter sections which are being replaced anyway and about an inch or two on the roof so I'll have to patch that. Got the insulation off the roof thats under the headliner, sail panels and packing tray removed. Hopefully I can get the motor and trans out tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Quadracer392; 02-13-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:49 AM

I bought the American Autowire kit. It'll replace everything in the car in think, even the dash wiring. Can't wait to start it but I need to finish the bushing on the rear first and get all the brakes and brake lines mounted. My wires were scary! I even bought the side cowls to replace and I'm going to buy new front quarters I think.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Haven't seen that kit. Let me know how it goes when you get it in. I did run across the SS style dash from Ground Up today that come with just about everything for the dash including the dash harness and the engine/light harness for a reasonable price.... I need to have all the bushings replaced in the rear of my car also but I'm waiting on my frame to get back.

Got the motor and trans pulled this evening.

The trans has had over 40 years a grease and rode grim built up on it. What's the best way to clean one of these up. Plug all the holes and soak it in degreaser and pressure wash the heck out of it?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 PM

I used some degreaser and a power washer on mine when I tore mine down. I have to admit, mine was still in my frame.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:48 PM

Got the firewall cleaned up, primed and painted this evening. Also picked up a new Jeep GC steering box this evening along with new heater core since I had the box out.

Last edited by Quadracer392; 02-17-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM

Moving right along.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:07 AM

Big step down, looking good.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Bowtie Member

You are making great progress.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org