ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 03-11-2016, 03:13 PM

Looking good, you could add the console harness and add a couple of side lights and it would light up on the floors when you open the doors like the original had for the back seat area.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 03-11-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Drove the '72 to it's 1st cruise night of the season last night...awesome weather!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpRq2ybGNL8
Old 03-19-2016, 11:24 PM

Was going to drive the car today, but the battery was dead. Charging now. Hope the battery will charge. It's only 3 years old and is a gei cell battery. Didn't put the battery tender back on after I drove it last and left the battery hooked up to the car. I usually disconnect the positive cable.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 03-20-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I do too.
Seems like the '72 clock and the radio memory will drain down a battery over a week or so if left hooked up.
Never had that issue before on previous Chevelles...all had no or non functioning clocks and stock push button radios.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:17 PM

Finished up the wiring in the engine compartment and put the engine back in, hopefully for the last time this spring. Even put the bolts in the motor mounts. Finished up the wiring for the gas gauge and mounted the license plate light. Pulled the battery tray out, a battery must have leaked at some point because it was new but it's in rough shape. I sprayed it and the fender black after taking the wire wheel to them. Cleaned out the passenger compartment and started on the dash wiring. Disassembled the dash, cleaned it all up, painted the supports and started putting it back together. Removed the passenger side rear window and all associated hardware. The teeth that hold the window crank on are stripped. Have to figure out what I want to do with that. Very productive weekend for me.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:23 PM

Nothing exciting, still stripping paint off of the 72' I am hoping to repaint it next month.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Bowtie Member

While I read of all the stuff that you guys are doing I am dying to get my car out of storage. I am jealous.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-22-2016, 05:23 AM

I keep looking at mine and waiting. The ol family come first came back into play and I just waiting again.
Kid and her college is it this time.
I keep hearing the old saying. It will never run again LOL. Friends dad used to say that every time he started a project car.

I know it shouldn't bother me. But on facebook somebody posted insulting stuff again. No reason just being a jerk. Just seems it isn't going away. So I quit the group. I don't need aggravating notifications. They make the hobby not fun.

I know it isn't all. Like shadow is cool as hell so take this whith a grain of salt. But it just seem's like some of the numbers guys. Really put the SS in "a SS hole".

I really am considering quitting all social media concerning chevelles and just enjoy the car locally. Because honestly only a numbers owner cares nobody else does.

They talk nothing but dirt. I try to be the bigger person. and not fire back. Like original color combos and lack of options. Oh that is cooler you got the car that embarrassed anyone to own when it was new. And look you put a ricer hood on it to isn't that special.

Mopar and ford don't have this going on. It is just annoying you can't have fun without some prick running their mouth.

Sorry i just had to vent.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymaher View Post
I keep looking at mine and waiting. The ol family come first came back into play and I just waiting again.
Kid and her college is it this time.
I keep hearing the old saying. It will never run again LOL. Friends dad used to say that every time he started a project car.

I know it shouldn't bother me. But on facebook somebody posted insulting stuff again. No reason just being a jerk. Just seems it isn't going away. So I quit the group. I don't need aggravating notifications. They make the hobby not fun.

I know it isn't all. Like shadow is cool as hell so take this whith a grain of salt. But it just seem's like some of the numbers guys. Really put the SS in "a SS hole".

I really am considering quitting all social media concerning chevelles and just enjoy the car locally. Because honestly only a numbers owner cares nobody else does.

They talk nothing but dirt. I try to be the bigger person. and not fire back. Like original color combos and lack of options. Oh that is cooler you got the car that embarrassed anyone to own when it was new. And look you put a ricer hood on it to isn't that special.

Mopar and ford don't have this going on. It is just annoying you can't have fun without some prick running their mouth.

Sorry i just had to vent.
Go ahead and vent, good for the soul. The ones who think they know the most are usually the ones who know nothing and don't even own one.
I get it all the time when I take my car out, I have just learned to tune them out. I don't even bother to correct them anymore when they tell there buddy all the wrong info. Your always welcome here, I don't care if you own a rust bucket or a number matching LS 6 chevelle, it all about having something in common and supporting each other in the hobby. Take a care.

Ray
Old 03-22-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
Go ahead and vent, good for the soul. The ones who think they know the most are usually the ones who know nothing and don't even own one.
I get it all the time when I take my car out, I have just learned to tune them out. I don't even bother to correct them anymore when they tell there buddy all the wrong info. Your always welcome here, I don't care if you own a rust bucket or a number matching LS 6 chevelle, it all about having something in common and supporting each other in the hobby. Take a care.

Ray
Thanks Ray.

Yea I see that all the time. I have owned alot of chevelles. Mostly when they were still relatively new. They say this trim didn't come except on these models. I just think HUH I owed 6 of that exact car and they all had it. But I keep it to myself.

To me it isn't about the details it is the cars. Stock modified whatever. I owned one as my first car and was hooked. Love them.

My car is a 68 with a 69 SS on the back and dash, because I like the emblem better. I saw a numbers guy with a 69 SS talkin smack and he had the 68 emblem on the back. I giggled and thought it was ironic.

I actually wanted a super bee. But dad wouldn't let me have it. Because it was a 440 6 pk and he figured I would kill myself.

I was limited to 350 CI or smaller V-8's so I got a 66 327 4 speed chevelle. That ended up being faster than that super bee. I did race it.

It just eats me when someone is actually trying to pick fights. I am older and trying to get out of that phase in my life. But really I just want to beat them to death. You started it moron.

Where our local cruise spot is. There are ricers to. Hey if a young boy got a civic running a 13. I all for it he bad to the bone.

It is about the hobby, the people the cars, good times. I love when the old 40's mobiles cruise through. I love all cars that people build.

Some people it is about being better than someone else. I make more money. The bigger house. I got the better car for whatever reason. They are mentally making up for some short coming in their personality where they feel inadequate.

I just wish they would look in the mirror and tell themselves how great they are and spare the rest of us. And stop trying to ruin the hobby far anyone else.

Can't even just look at cars without the pettiness being forced on you , As Jed Clampet said pitiful just pitiful.