ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 11-14-2014, 04:21 PM

I got the dash complete now. I got steering column to finish I need the cover and a ash tray. New I mean I got tons of old ones. But the dash itself is done. Wiring vents etc etc.
I really like the gloss black on the column and the glove box.
I was like a kid again.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Looks very nice ,cant wait to see the rest .

John
Old 11-19-2014, 10:02 AM

I am doing side windows.It took 2 days to clean and grease the track, get the funkmire off the window. I working on getting passenger window in now. This looking like a 2-3 week job. I sat in the backseat with a bucket of water a rag and a parts brush cleaning down in there for a hour.
Things we go through to re-live our youth LOL.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Your doing an awesome job on that car.
and have posted great pics of the progress.
Ten thumbs up.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestorod70 View Post
Your doing an awesome job on that car.
and have posted great pics of the progress.
Ten thumbs up.
Thank you. I do my best on my shoestring budget. I do all the work nobody else has ever touched it.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:11 AM
Bowtie Member

Like you said, the things we go through to relive our youth. And the time you spend on it will be well worth it. I like the dash too.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 11-20-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Like you said, the things we go through to relive our youth. And the time you spend on it will be well worth it. I like the dash too.
Thank you to.

Well I was looking to buy a few things for it last night. I getting the column cover. And I need the firewall steering column part for a clutch. So I can get the column in adjusted and done for good. But there are no ashtrays. OMG panic sets in, LOL. I went down and dug through my old parts to see the damage. It is perfect on the dash side ands black. Just has 40 years of cigarette ashes inside of it. Wet and glued down. I wanted a new one because of that. But today I will happily clean and install it. Looks fine with it shut.

I got the rear passenger window in yesterday. Now I have the cozy wings all apart. Polishing chrome so I can pick the best ones for reassembly.

I doing the same thing now. Do a easy thing. Like the ashtray. Get motivated then tackle something rough a while. Makes me feel like I getting something done. All work and no play makes Jack I dull boy thing.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Administrator

NPD does have a complete ash tray assembly minus the spring for $56.95.....part # C-12009-118A..........and its black.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hayes View Post
NPD does have a complete ash tray assembly minus the spring for $56.95.....part # C-12009-118A..........and its black.
LOL I just spent the whole day fixing this one. But i may get that later. I sure would have got it this morning before I started on this one. Under the years of wet ashes were of course rust. So I spent the day needlessly it seems now. Wet sanding with vinegar. But it looks good so all was not lost.

Thank you Ken I will find and bookmark that. And see what other things they have I may need.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 AM

Same ol here. I got the passenger side cozy wing assembled and in. I need to clean the chrome for the weather stripping and install that. So I can adjust the cozy and back window before putting in the side glass.

I sanded the paint got the trunk passenger side done. I going to put another coat of clear on it. But it is looking good. I need better weather for that tho so in the spring.

Got the ash tray in and adjusted. Steering column and cover firewall block done. Wires in under the hood I got to attach them along their paths.
Nothing visually making a impact. Looks basically the same so no pics LOL. Just doing all the thousands of little odds and ends. Jumping from place to place. Work a while discover I need something. Like the door weather stripping chrome to body needs some kind of foam deal. Jump to some thing else while I look and acquire the part or material needed.

I just about to take the drivers seat out and take a chain saw to it and modify the seat frame. Get that baby so it adjust like a more modern car. I want the seat back a inch more and a little more recline. It won't adjust but it I never adjust my car or truck. They stay where i like them. So I will make the needed modifications and once it is recovered you will never know. The change will be so slight.

A purist would be crying big doe tears I am changing everything on the car a piece at a time. A restomod that looks completely stock as long as the hood stays shut. Except 4 pieces of chrome that are wrong for the year. And paint choice of course.

I about to head down and play now. Late holiday start. We having a little family time this morning. It is rare we all off and together at the same time.