ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Gallery

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 PM

Default My 70 Malibu build

I've had my chevelle for a while now and have done some odd and end things to it since I've got it. I've been able to move it around the yard but I've never had it on the road..... In early December I got engaged and we both decided we wanted to ride off from the wedding in a cool classic car. She wanted to use my chevelle but I didn't think there was enough time to get it done, so she has given me the go ahead to spend and work on it as much as I need to ("within reason") to get it done. About 3 week ago I put in a big order of sheet metal and other parts to get started, so my journey has begun. Last week I got the seats and some of the other interior out and had family in yesterday but today I hit it hard. I got the windshield trim off and glass out. Got most of the old butyle off the pinchweld. Finished spot welding the inner cowl shoulder on. Took a wire wheel and got all the old rust and scale off, which ended up showing a few holes I had to weld and patch up. Got some primer laid down and put new seam sealer where I wire wheeled it off. Since I had the stuff out I went ahead and cut out a small hole that had rusted through on the drivers floorboard and patched, primered, and seam sealed it up. "IF" Im able to have a lot more days like this, I think I may be able to get this done it time. I'll post pictures in a little while.