ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Bowtie Member

I am actually hoping to take it out for a drive today. Yesterday I actually opened the garage door and looked at it.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM

For the past few days I've been detailing her up and cleaning all the nooks and crannies. I'm one of those anal virgo types who likes everything clean. LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Going to be nice this Sunday.Will take the black car out for a ride to get everything working and fill the tank up.Then put him
to bed until spring.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandsport View Post
Going to be nice this Sunday.Will take the black car out for a ride to get everything working and fill the tank up.Then put him
to bed until spring.
Already ???

This Saturday the Michigan Chevelle Club is doing a show. Then on October 8th is the club fall get together. Ending the day with a bonfire.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Already ???

This Saturday the Michigan Chevelle Club is doing a show. Then on October 8th is the club fall get together. Ending the day with a bonfire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandsport View Post
to bed until spring.
I would really hate to live where I could not enjoy the car year round. Definitely seems early to be packing up the car for winter but I don't know that you've had much time to enjoy your car lately anyway Gary.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:46 AM

Driving the wheels off of it ,currently in Vermont and heading to Pennsylvania soon.

John
Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Bowtie Member

Went to the Romulus Pumpkin Fest and the Car Show hosted by the Michigan Chevelle Club. Chuck always does a great job running his events. It was really nice to see a variety of cars win the top 15 Trophies. I took a lot of pics, and I know I am behind on posting them, but I will get them up soon.

I have been having problems with the starter lately, but I was brave and drove the 40 miles each way, with the hope that my car would treat me well. Especially since this is the first time in a few weeks that I have taken it out. And she did me proud ! It started up right away, then started up after I put gas in her. Did the drive there and when it was time to leave, she started right up again. Yeah !!! Parked her at the end of the driveway, hoping to go to another cruise tonight. And when I went out there after about and hour....guess what....didn't start. At least I was at home. So I let it sit for another hour, and it started right up. I can't wait til we get the new starter in.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:50 PM

We continued our journey of driving the wheels off the old gal ,currently in Virginia .

John
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 AM

I was coming home from work, yesterday and the wagon started running very rough. I got hole and let it cool down. I had to go to my kids football game. She is in the marching band drum line. I promised her I would be there. So i did not get home till very late. But I jumped onto the wagon. I started to take out the plugs. They were like someone put them in with an impact wrench. I have never changed the plugs, I just got it a month ago. I had to use a breaker bar!!! So when I got to the 7th cyl. plug. I got on it and it SNAPPED!!! Out came the plug, but the plug threads were left in the head. These a cast iron heads. Not aluminum. Well I was just wrecked after that and went in. Tried to sleep. The next day (Today) was all booked for me. But I got home at 4pm and called my buddy to tell him about it and asked him if he had any Easy-Outs. But I really did not think I could get this out. He told me to soak it down with WD40 and he would be on his way. He got there and in 2 minutes we had it out. Man I thought i was sunk, but thank goodness I have some good friends.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:21 PM

I been in the garage staring at the engine compartment for 2 hours trying to decide if I should do an air conditioner delete.
I would like to dress up the engine a bit and think it would look better if the air was gone.
Decisions, decisions.
To many decisions.