ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Shopper > Chevelle Members Classifieds

Old 05-31-2016, 06:21 AM

Default 68 steering column

WTB -Looking for a 68 chevelle automatic key in dash steering column. I believe this was only done one year. I have a 3 speed on the column I need to convert to an automatic. My father in law bought this convertible for his then 16 year old daughter in 1972. I have been the caretaker since 1980 and kept it all original but knee issues have prevented her from driving it the last few years. Not to many people keep their first car for 46 years. Any body have a column or know where I could find one and get her back on the road.
curliegreen@HerkimerTool.com
Old 05-31-2016, 12:06 PM

Made me go look. I had 3 of them at one time. I stripped all 3 and used the best of them. I got bearings and assorted stuff to one. All the springs and turn signal switch to make one. I know i got the automatic shifter still I seen it the other day. I will keep my eyes open as I work down there and see if I still got the core parts, main shaft and housing in that mess tomorrow. At the very least I got good parts for one if you find a junk one.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:33 AM

Thanks, hoping someone has one that they replaced with a floor shifter or aftermarket one.