ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2018, 05:44 PM

Default Fire ants...yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm clearing some land for another building. There is an OLD pine tree stump pretty close to where I'm working. Stump is about two to three feet in diameter I had some trees cut down and the stumps ground out. The stump grinder man attempted to grind this one. No go. It's petrified. Well, I hit it with the tractor bucket by accident. It moved. When I see it move, I said to myself "you can dig that bitch out". So I start digging. Get down a foot or so and hit some big roots. I get out the sawzall, get down on the ground and start cutting. Got three of them cut before the first attack. About a thousand of them little bitches had crawled in my boots, up my pant leg, in my socks, under my T-shirt, and in both gloves. The main guy sent the attack signal, and damn they did! I got bit so many times I can't count them all. The bites look like small puss filled pimples and they HURT!. I'm out in the yard tearing all my clothes off to kill em. Then I get dressed and try again, only being careful not to crawl around on the ground. Didn't work. The bitchs got me again. This time I hauled ass into the shop and stripped. They were ALL over me again!!! Got them cleaned off, went back to work. After a couple of minuets, those bastards got me again! They were in my gloves. A hundred of them.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:50 PM

Pour gas on them and set them on fire ,best revenge for the Bastards .

John
Old 02-18-2018, 04:10 AM

The bug-killer guy gave me some spray to kill them. I sprayed the shit out of the ground and it seemed to work. Only when I got down in the hole with the chainsaw, I discover a million tiny holes in the stump. That's where the bastards were living. They were angry with me.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:59 AM

Sounds like you really pissed them off. I think I would get plenty of bug killer and make sure they're all dead before I attacked it again.

Where you putting up another building?

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 02-19-2018, 03:55 AM

Oh, I got the stump cut off. About two feet below ground level. The tap root is still in the ground. Apparently the tap root is at least 20 feet long, according to John the Cow guy. He has lived here all of his life and knew immediately what kind of tree is was.

Putting up a 24x32 equipment shed, right behind the car-port where Doug parks his big truck.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:58 AM

I had them in calif. Pour gas in the hole and light it. Then walk 100 feet in a circle around that and find the other escape hatches do the same. They will be gone if they live after that. Get the heck out of dodge so to speak.