ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Bowtie Member

Default Adopting Families for the Holidays 2013

Adopting Families for the Holidays 2013

It is hard to believe that another year has gone by. I do hope that this past year has been good to you and your family. Now is the time when many members of Audiokarma and Chevelleforums open their hearts, and audio collections, to help others in need by participating in the Adopting Families for the Holidays here on Audiokarma and Chevelleforums.

Last year we helped over 27 families and 3 Senior Citizens have a Christmas. You also helped to donate funds to provide over 2,000 meals to the hungry. We purchased presents, gift cards and food to make sure that our adopted families woke up Christmas morning to gifts under the tree, and had a warm meal in their belly on Christmas evening. We provided Senior Citizens with food to fill their pantry and warm boots for their feet.

I take the time to call each and every family and see what they "need" and what they "want". Some of the families have needs, like winter coats and boots for their kids. Some have wants, like the mom who just wanted to have "something" under the tree for her kids on Christmas morning so they could still believe their was a Santa Clause. I really try to take the time to get to know these people, and make sure that your donations are going to a well deserving family. For many of the families that we adopt, it is the only way that their kids will have a Christmas. We have walked into homes where there is really nothing but the "Charlie Brown" christmas tree, and the sparkle in the childrens eyes when we get there. With your help, we keep the "Magic" of Christmas alive for these children.

If you are unfamiliar with what we do let me explain the need for this forum. As some of you may know, Audiokarma has adopted many families in the past. We do this every holiday season to provide for families that are struggling or having a difficult time providing for their families.

One of the things that many members like to do is sell or auction off items for the families, and we created this forum specifically for those auctions.

Please feel free to list your items for sale, or for auction to benefit this charity.

There is no charge for selling in this forum, all we ask is that the funds generated in this forum, all go to the AK Adopting Families for the Holidays charity through Volunteers of America. You can do this a couple of ways.

1) Send the money to Audiokarma through this link. http://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Please make sure that you note that the funds are for the Adopt a Family.

2) Mail the funds to

AudioKarma
29488 Woodward Ave
Suite 160
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073
Please let the seller know payment is sent, this way we can let them know when payment arrives.

Either way you choose, please make note on the payment, that it is for our adopted families. Thank you all and have a happy holiday season.

Thank you for your continued support. We have already been in contact with VOA and I will be posting on the families as we receive their information, and we purchase and deliver all the gifts.

Nancy
Ms Grumpy

Check out the other great sites in the AK family:
For the car fanatic, like me:
www.chevelleforum.org
For the political nut:
www.politicalchat.org

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 11-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Bowtie Member

I copied this post I wrote from Audiokarma.org (AK), our largest site. Every year, for the past 5 or 6 years we have adopted families through Volunteers of America (VOA). Me and my kids will go out and purchase gifts, wrap them and deliver them to families and/or Senior citizens, who other wise, may not have a hot meal or gifts on Christmas.

I have posted this here so that if anyone wanted to participate, they could. Since we are still starting this out here, you could use the auction forum here, or go to Audiokarma and post there.

I am posting a link to Audiokarma so if you are interested, you can see what we are doing. And if you are interested, you can put up an item for auction, or maybe bid on something on AK. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174

Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM

I would like to help with this but not sure we can as we are trying to help a family that just lost everything they owned to a house fire . We will see.

John
Old 11-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Bowtie Member

John, take care of those people, don't worry about this. I put this up here just in case someone wanted to auction off something that is just hanging around. Doesn't always have to be something valuable, cause every dollar counts.

Do you remember the drawing that I had made of my car ? That was something that was auctioned off by an artist on AK.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM

Yes I remember it ,I still think it would look good on my wall.

John
Old 11-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Bowtie Member

Except mine is not a convertible. lol

I am still trying to get that info for you. Just been busy.