ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 08-16-2018, 04:37 AM

Ah hell, I couldn't wait for daylight. I went out and stomped everyone of the chunks that were left. I can look out the window when the sun comes up and see if I got all of them. I SHALL win this war!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:47 PM

Give Em HELL.

John
Old 08-17-2018, 03:24 AM

I killed em all. A friend of mine got attacked Sunday by yellow jackets. He spent 2 days in the hospital. Swelled up like a balloon.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:46 AM

So me and the dog were walking by the shop yesterday and BLAM, he got attacked by another bunch of yellow jackets. The sons a bitch's have a hole bored in the building. I'm headed out there now to start killing them. Went to the hardware and got 4 mores cans of spray. Guy said the jackets have been horrible this year. He got stung pretty good too. Be right back!
Old 08-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Administrator

If that hole looks like they used a drill to do it...….they are called Carpenter Bees. Fill in the hole and then use white paint around the whole area...…..they will stay away from white paint...…..I'm serious......Google Carpenter Bees.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:15 AM

Pretty sure these ones are Yellow jackets. The hole is about an inch around and not perfectly round. I have some cedar boards on the overhang and some trim where there are perfect small round holes. We have been squirting the powder in those holes, as I'm pretty sure they are the carpenter ones.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:20 AM

A friend called me last week and asked if I could come over and spray a big Yellow jacket nest on his garage. I had to laugh. He said that I was the only one in the bunch of us that grew up together that can still run. Damn, he's right! We are all getting up there. Doc did a breathing test on me last week. I have the lungs of a 93 year old man! Smoking for over 50 years has knocked the shit out of my lung capacity. I did get the nest at his place though.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:26 AM

I've been out walking the back 40 this morning looking for a wounded fawn. The dog got ahold of it just before sunset last night. It was having a hell of a time walking and couldn't get over the fence. I took a section of the fence down where they come in and out. I hope it got out and back to the mother. She has twins. Or maybe she used to have twins.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:06 AM

The slobs that were renting our place next door moved out. I am shocked at what pigs they really are. Broke the stove, washing machine, had a leak under the vanity that they tried to fix with that "magical" white tape shit. Didn't work, ruined the vanity bottom. Broke the sprayer at the kitchen sink faucet, laundry tray trap plugged, bath tub drain plugged, electrical plug broken in the receptacle, bath tub filthy, walls have holes in them, broken patio door lock, broken blinds, walls filthy, carpet ruined, man the shit is unbelievable. Every month I asked her if anything was wrong over there. Always said no, everything is fine. I hate people.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 PM

Renters suck most times , I have one been in my house 7 years now , young family and great tenants ,hope they never leave .

John