ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 09-05-2018, 05:30 PM

Default 2018 Chevy Equinox.

So this is the 2018 Equinox we bought back in July. Got a really good deal on it 'cause as you can see it's missing a few trim parts. Seriously, that's all the crap you have to remove to install a base plate for flat towing. The base plate is installed, minor trimming to the lower grill opening to fit the facia back on. Fortunately it's below the extensions that stick out so it's not visible. Now just have to reinstall washer fluid bottle, driver's side headlamp assembly, safety cables that wrap around frame member and attach to base plate and facia. Then wiring for tail lights and turn signals.

Notice the orange tag on the front of the tow bar. Below is a close up pic of it. Now the only way to see the attachment points is to strip the front of the car down to what you see in the first pic. On the previous car I inserted the extensions that the tow bar attaches too. Then jerk up and down on them, feels good to me, let's hit the road.

I'll finish putting it back together next week, time to get ready for Frankenmuth Autofest.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

What time we meeting for Frankenmuth? 7:00 am? I’m sure Tony will stroll in around 9 after we are set up.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:33 PM

Hi Rick,

We're gonna be in Birch Run Sometime this afternoon. If everything works out I'm planning to hit a local show at the Frankenmuth Mcdonalds Thurs. night.
We'll be showing up at the Dealership as soon as Carol is ready. What time does the dealership open Friday morning? I preregistered #103! See you guys Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
What time we meeting for Frankenmuth? 7:00 am? I’m sure Tony will stroll in around 9 after we are set up.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
That's just crazy talk Ric. What makes you think that I'll be awake by 9?
Old 09-06-2018, 07:04 AM

Around 7 sounds good Ric.

Brian, they open at 8. With all the rain the last few weeks they may delay entry into the park. That's happened a few times in the past. They run around spreading mulch in the low spots.

Well you posted at 6:42 Tony so I'm sure you'll be awake by 9. What time you get there is another story.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-06-2018, 08:28 AM

I just got done re -piping the well pump and tank in the back room. It's raining here, which got me to thinking. Dangerous. For about 25 years, I've been saying that if there was ANY chance of rain, I wasn't going to bring a car. I'm just flat assed tired of it. Looks like 10-20% for Sat and 40% for Sunday, according to the national weather. So against my better judgment, if a person could say that I even have half a lick of "good" judgment, I will most likely be bringing the Hot Rod. My arrival time is going to depend on how long Kathy has to be at her mothers in the morning.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Thanks Hank,
I'll try and park next to the port a potties like I did in the past.
Hopefully thats still a good spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Around 7 sounds good Ric.

Brian, they open at 8. With all the rain the last few weeks they may delay entry into the park. That's happened a few times in the past. They run around spreading mulch in the low spots.

Well you posted at 6:42 Tony so I'm sure you'll be awake by 9. What time you get there is another story.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Ok Hank we will meet at 7:00at BP, Eric will be there as well. I will be on time because I’m bring the Chevelle and the clock works.

Tony I’m so sorry about the weather and if it was in my power and could change It I would, you could always park under the tent.

Good luck with that spot Brian if I remember right it’s right under the speaker system.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:40 AM

Head em up! Roll em on! Move em out! Rawhide!!! Lets get movin!!!