ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2015, 07:16 PM

Default What have you done to your other vehicles today.

I made this thread on the Van site. Generally car people work on other things besides the vehicle in the forum in question.

It went over well there and may or may not here but it a outlet for your other loves.

Now I put the new engine in the van. Then the cat was splitting at the seams and getting noisy. So I researched and mix and matched parts. Some custom stuff. Made a exhaust that was more fitting to the engine in there. It still a single exhaust but I eliminated alot of the useless tight turns the factory had for no apparent reason. Bought a new welder for the project because the U Bolt clamps were not sealing enough to please me. Made pipe hangers to go in the factory locations.

I don't have access to the welder I used to use anymore. And I just needed one. Now I can weld up the custom seat catches I got laying there for the chevelle. I had them made and they work I just wanted them welded so the threaded holes didn't wallow out and come loose. Additional 2 inch recline with the seat catches working like factory.

Now I got my domestic duties caught up I can figure out what to do on the chev next. I gonna move it and scrub the floors. Now that it looks like something all this dust got to go.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Bowtie Member

Since I still don't have my car out of storage yet because my garage is full of hubby and son's BMX bike collection I have nothing more to keep up than my other vehicles. I don't know if you guys know but grumpy does not drive anymore unless it is the only resort. So I am responsible for all 3 of our vehicles.

I purchased a 2003 Suburban late in the fall and now that the winter is over I need to get some work done. Both side mirrors seem loose and this may sound cheesy but I have them zip tied to make them more stable. I have been researching replacing them and the parts are going to dip into my car funds more than I wanted. I have a rattle that I am going to find.. One of those that is just annoying, probably something that is just loose it is hard when you are in a big vehicle and everyone else says..I don't hear anything.

Then there is my gas mileage vehicle. The little Toyota Yaris. It is a 2008 and only has about 40k miles but I still have to take it in to have "normal" service done at the dealership. I know I should sell this one, but it is always nice to have a backup even though all my kids are almost 6' tall and don't really fit in it anymore. lol

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 AM

All I have done lately is put the Malibu in the shop for corrected speedometer gears ,its still off a little bit but much better than before .I have just been driving the others when weather is a little better ,seems like it does nothing but rain here .

John
Old 04-15-2015, 12:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Moved the F150 and Sprint around this morning...first time I've ran the Sprint in well over a month due to doing some traveling.
Moved it to make room for a '65 Malibu SS convertible which is getting an engine & trans swap tomorrow morning.
Out with the 283/PG...and in is going a Vortec headed 350HO crate/TH350.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:01 PM

Nancy, check Rock Auto and Amazon.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:47 PM

I noticed yesterday the ol van was getting jealous of the chev again. Wanted her time. I parked with the tire cut. I seen a different color and checked it. Yep was through the rubber to the harder rubber underneath.
So today she got a new pair of shoes.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:09 PM

I drove the Good truck to work today ,just got it put away .

John
Old 05-01-2015, 05:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Dropping the wife's Buick off at the body shop tonight so they can begin the hail damage repair hopefully using paintless dent repair.
Gotta drive my F150 to the Peach State Chevelle show in the morning to do the show pics.

Then the F150 heads to ATL airport EARLY Sunday morning. Flying to San Diego for the beginning of a two week vacation...final destination Denali/Fairbanks, AK.

Last edited by BillsCamino; 05-01-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:00 AM

It's mother's day, but I plan on doing some more deconstruction on my wrecked truck. I know it needs to be done, but I get that sick feeling in my stomach all over again every time I see it.

Then the process of swapping everything over to the "new" truck begins. (Engine, transmission, rear axle, wheels, interior, etc.) At this rate, I won't be doing much to either Chevelle this year.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 AM

I finally got some parts ordered for the 81 Trans Am ,hope to get it running soon.

John