ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Administrator

After getting out on Thursday afternoon I felt pretty good. We took the car out on Saturday and around 3:45am I woke up Judy........."We gotta go". I was in AFIB again. It wasn't as bad as before but still bad.

IV, breathing treatment and meds. They upped my Amoidarone (heart med) from 200mg to 800mg a day for 3 weeks then down to 400mg. He said I need to get more in my system. Got out this afternoon. All the nurses said "See ya in a few days".....I says BULLSHIT and they all laughed.

Only 2 things left if it comes back. 1. Shock me into rhythm 2. Surgery to go into Heart and cauterize the part that's not workin right. DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT ONE !!

Last edited by Ken Hayes; 05-15-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:13 AM

Wow Ken ,you are being put thru the ringer ,hang in there .Get better soon ,hope to see you in Ohio if I make it .The Chevelle wont be there though.

John
Old 05-25-2017, 03:59 AM

What's new Ken?
Old 07-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Well I'll tell ya, since Valentines day I've been in and out of ER 23 times. Mostly for my breathing.......heart is doing fine but my COPD is kicking my ass big time. I did have a Heart Cath done and was told there is no blockage what so ever.....that was like a 1,000 pounds taken off my shoulders.

I'm now seeing a Pulmonary Doctor to try and do something about my COPD. He put me on Symbicort along with my Spiriva. Its helping me a little bit better. He did tell me some news that really got to me. "Ken, your lung capacity is now at 52% and it wont get any better" So now I just take it easy and not out do myself.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:33 PM

Wow, 52%, sure that wears you down quickly. I guess the only good thing is you're old like me and don't have to work as hard as you use to. So we'll both do what we can and try to enjoy life.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 08-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Was going to spend this past weekend in Ohio at the NOCC show. We were going to leave at 7:00am on Friday. Around 1:00am I got up to take a whizz. After I did I looked in the toilet to see nothing but solid blood. Man that scared the crap outa me. I woke up Judy and showed her, she started crying and said get dressed we're going to ER. I happened to have a specimen bottle at home so I filled it up and off we went. Girl at the counter said "Morning Ken, breathing problem again?" I showed her the bottle and her eyes popped out and said I'm getting someone for you.

In ER they originally thought I had a Bladder infection. The Doctor asked me what Meds I was on. I showed him the list and he asked why I was on Xaralto and Baby Aspirin? Told him my regular Doc said to take the aspirin and my Cardiologist said to take Xaralto. Well both have thinned my blood out too much. That Doctor and a Urologist both told me to stop taking both of them. Since I stopped I feel a lot better and have more energy.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:33 PM

Glad you are doing better .I had to have a scope run up my Pee hole this morning looking for something that had left on its own ,not a fun day .

John
Old 08-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Administrator

John, I go in next Tuesday for the "Scope Test" to see if anythings in my bladder.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:05 PM

Not a fun thing for sure especially with an audience in the room .

John
Old 08-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Well I went in today and I told him something that I forgot to say at the Hospital. When I was taking a whizz, it kinda hurt and something besides blood came out. Could it have been a Kidney Stone I asked cuz I never had one before. He said its possible it was a stone or some kind of clot. I go back on Sep 7th for the scope test.