ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 04-29-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Do you know this guy? I wouldn't have paid him a dime. I think he is responsible for ALL the damages he caused. Unless you signed something releasing him from any damage claims?
He owns a local shop. Basically, my broken truck was being held ransom. I tried to pay with a credit card so I could dispute it, but he convieniently was unable to run my card. I intend to cause him $700 worth of aggrivation. Any chance I get, I make sure to share my experience and warn others.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I let a guy borrow my car hauler during the winter. He exploded the winch, an older model American made one. I am pretty sure that he tried to winch a car up on it that was frozen to the ground. He brought me a used one that he has to replace it with. Only the one he brought is no where near a "direct replacement", so when it warms up I have to fab up some new mounting plates to get it in the winch box. What is it with people that borrow your shit, break it, then just forget about it? Seems like he would have had the new-used one installed and working when he brought the stinkin trailer back. He said that he hasn't had time to get to it. Bullshit I tell ya, bullshit.
Yeah, that guy would be dead to me after that fiasco. I have 2 close friends that I help out. The rest, they are on their own.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpoor View Post
He owns a local shop. Basically, my broken truck was being held ransom. I tried to pay with a credit card so I could dispute it, but he convieniently was unable to run my card. I intend to cause him $700 worth of aggrivation. Any chance I get, I make sure to share my experience and warn others.
BURN that bitch's place to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2018, 05:23 PM

When all the snow up here melted, it raised the ponds water level high enough to get to the deck. That then froze and lifted a couple of the posts out of place. I had to take them loose today, pound them back down, hang over the side, and drill some 3/8s holes in them. Put some lag bolts in them. Should hold until the water gets warm enough to get some carriage bolts in them. And the new-used winch the dumb ass brought me to replace the one he broke doesn't have a controller for it.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

I'm still around really thinking about retiring for good here pretty quick, I'll be 62 in June so that is making it really temping. I just got back from Drummond Island last week at a Jeep meet (Jeep the Mac) and still had 2 foot of snow and got stuck 4 times and had to winch my self out, got to pull some people out as well Took the Work Jeep and that thing is a monster but the snow got the better of it.

I did do some stuff to my personal Jeep like added a lift and 35's and not even touched my other cars yet.

I need new front tires on the Camaro since they are over 20 years old and one of them leaks and the tire shops won't touch them even though they look brand new. Tony, I'm hoping the tire warranty is still good and you will honor it. ($356.00) installed. Hell that is the same price of 1 tire for the Jeep so its a hell of deal.

Hope we can all get together soon.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:08 AM

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What the hell are you talking "retirement" for Ric? Hank, did you read that? What about our retirement checks? We are counting on you Ric! Stop thinking about just yourself Ric! Oh OK, go ahead and retire. You will love it. Are you still planning to move?

Of course the warranty will cover the tire. In fact, I will have my secretary get a check in the mail for 2000 bucks. Lets go ahead and replace all 4 of them. Gotta keep you safe until you retire. I'll include a few bucks for your time and trouble.

I didn't get stuck in the snow a single time last Winter! I didn't plow a single time either! Lovin it man, lovin it.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:55 AM

RBeckman. on old tires, I know what you mean. all the franchise shops wont touch my 10 yr old BG tires on mky 69. I got some new 15X8 rallys for front, and had to go to mom and pop shop to get them mounted. the tires are great shape, no cracks and a lot of tread. plus the letters are white! not muddy white like the new BF tires I bought last year for my TA. I also have 2 15X7 rallys I want to sell now, $75 for both with trim rings ( no center hubs) is there a place to list them on this site ? I am in the Kansas city area. but my 69 looks better with all 15X8 rims on all fours.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
BURN that bitch's place to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!
Several people have suggested that. But, doesn't the saying go... "revenge is a dish best served cold" ?
Old 05-03-2018, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpoor View Post
Several people have suggested that. But, doesn't the saying go... "revenge is a dish best served cold" ?
Yes, that is true, but it doesn't work well with us guys that have no patience.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:30 PM

Ric, good to hear from you. Retire? Don't do it! You lose that income and since you're retired you're expected to do all the work around the house. Keep working and pay someone else to do that stuff. Right now I have a list of projects that I'll never get through.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle