ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to SS Shaun
Default have you ever been so lost!

that you don't know what to do because you have so much left to do?? thats how i feel with my chevelle, i don't know what to order next what part i should focus on and where to order this car is going to drive me to thats all just needed to get it off my chest
Old 08-18-2011, 01:17 PM

Short answer, don't we all...
Try to focus on the fun things. Finish something easy to start with. It help your confidence
I want my brakes done, the suspension, frame, cooling system, rear axle, and so on. I want to drive the car so I just fix one area at the time.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM

i just thought it was going to be easier! i wanted to car road worthy but july first i am almost 2 months over my deadline. i kick my self in the ass all the time now for not putting an ls1 in there from the start since i know that motor so much better then this 454 lol i guess so i am just more use to taking 3-6 months to get a project done. when i put the lt1 in my rx7 took me a winter and it was on the road. when i did my ls6 swap over it took me 2 months to do. the chevelle so far i have had it since since feb and i still dont have it running! its just kicking my butt thats all! i really don't know what to do next. i need an alt bracket to mount the alt, just discovered that i need a push rod for my fuel pump (yes i am that much of an old school noob) i need a rear bumper bracket for a 69 seems so dam hard to find!! i need to wire all of my car still..lol i have a lot left i guess..lol
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 PM

You have a big project.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 PM

Your not the only one feeling that way. Rome wasent built in a day.
The 454 is a prehistoric version of your Ls. Do some reading and familurize yourself with the part your on. Finish it and move on. Try to focus on one task at a time and not think of everything else left to finish. Dont worry about the deadline. Once u do finish it. Youll have the rest of your life to drive and enjoy it.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:08 PM

its one of those things i want to take it out so i can enjoy it with my daughter. she always wants to drive with me and i go to shows and events with my rx7 and she is left behind it hurts because she cant ride in the car with me since its a 2 seater. so my goal was to get it done for the summer so she can go out with me. it breaks my heart when i go out and she is crying for her daddy which is one major reason why i didnt go out much this summer with my car
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Shaun View Post
its one of those things i want to take it out so i can enjoy it with my daughter. she always wants to drive with me and i go to shows and events with my rx7 and she is left behind it hurts because she cant ride in the car with me since its a 2 seater. so my goal was to get it done for the summer so she can go out with me. it breaks my heart when i go out and she is crying for her daddy which is one major reason why i didnt go out much this summer with my car
Shaun I understand that feeling. I have owned my car for over 14 years. We put it together on a shoestring budget and for the first 11 years, there was always a problem. Over the years grumpy always had a 4 wheel drive vehicle. About 4 years ago he spent the whole summer building a 72 Jeep Commando, and the kids loved it. Take the top off and go cruising. It sat on some tall mudders and it drew a lot of attention. Then a couple years ago we decided to do some work to my car. What we thought would be a paint job and some work on the motor turned into 1 1/2 years of work. This summer we sold grumpy's Jeep and the kids are totally bummed. They like mom's car, but they would rather dad still had his Jeep.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 PM

His Jeep was so cool ,Im surprised he sold it. He needs a new toy to replace it. My old ugly truck is a major project ,Im glad Im not the one doing it .It sits in the body shop as we speak in many piles and pieces just waiting its turn.

John
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Bowtie Member

We just need to win the lottery to take that old Chevy off your hands flash.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM

You cant have my old ugly truck for any amount of money but my 55 Bel Air is a different story. I would like to sell Joans 81 Trans Am but she aint having any of that even though it just sits in my shop being neglected.

John